Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to open white night on a mac?
willochill Offline

Threads: 27
How to open white night on a mac?

I have a mac snow (snow leopard) and i downloaded white night. I brought the folder into the common/amnesia the dark descent folder and clicked on the .bat file, but it says "the application is installed in a virtual machine that cannot be located." i have no idea whatsoever on how to open it so please help?
also i dunno if this is related but right before i started downloading white night i had deleted a virtual machine in parallels 7 from my computer (i don't have any parallels machines running anymore), and the icon for white night.bat showed the little parallels symbol under it, idk if that has something to do with the problem or not.
11-26-2011, 06:19 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: How to open white night on a mac?

Have you checked this?

11-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Website Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
RE: How to open white night on a mac?

Look at the contents of the ".bat". Most l likely it is launching Amnesia with a specific command line parameter..

You simply need to "Recreate" that on the mac, so, probably something like this. (from the "Terminal" application)

./Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/Launcher config/whitenight_main_init.cfg

Since you are running the Steam release you need to actually run Launcher first, and not Amnesia.
another "slightly easier" option is to edit the properties of Amnesia in Steam (right click properties) and change the command line "launch arguments" that steam passes in.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Website Find