Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Making a game
DjSimplicity Offline

Threads: 5
Making a game

Hi!
I am currently making a game called "Cave In" (Name will much likely change)
It's heavily inspired by the penumbra games.
I am in the early stages of making the story and level designs,
soon i will start working with the coding and making the levels and characters alive.

You can check in on my progress on facebook if you'd like.
And if you have any questions, just ask.

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angels-Cor...6269417304

11-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Website Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Making a game

Spoiler: Odds are that this is going to fail..

Why ? Because the game is not even really being worked on and you are already trying to find publishers and shit like that. At first penumbra series was supposed to be free, but after the tech-demo recieved quite a lot of popularity, they decided to go commercial with it.

It also looks like you are trying to bite more than you can chew, is this your first game ? Do you have any experience in actually making games / game design etc ?

Not to sound like a killjoy and I wish you good luck on the project, but eh I don't really have a good feeling about it.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM by Arvuti.)
11-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Find
DjSimplicity Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Making a game

(11-28-2011, 11:34 PM)Arvuti Wrote: Spoiler: Odds are that this is going to fail..

Why ? Because the game is not even really being worked on and you are already trying to find publishers and shit like that. At first penumbra series was supposed to be free, but after the tech-demo recieved quite a lot of popularity, they decided to go commercial with it.

It also looks like you are trying to bite more than you can chew, is this your first game ? Do you have any experience in actually making games / game design etc ?

Not to sound like a killjoy and I wish you good luck on the project, but eh I don't really have a good feeling about it.
I have a publisher.
And the game will most likely be free anyway.
Depends on how many that are interested in the game.

I have experience in making games and game design.

I don't mind, everyone have their own thoughts on everything
and i respect that.

11-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Website Find