Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Red and Philips father; connection?
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
Red and Philips father; connection?

I can't really see this as being some spoiler. But just in case, for those who may not want to look into this too much, I'll have this as a spolier.

Spoiler below!
Sorry if this was discussed in other topics. Something came to me, and it may make me look like some dork, but ya know, a lot see me that anyway, so here goes.

Also, before I begin, I haven't read all notes you find, so that may make my thoughts on this even more stupid.

Do you suppose Red is Philip's father? I was thinking of a few key notes, his father dies roughly 30 years ago. He gets a letter addressed to him, by his father. How can he send something if he is dead? A bit of a stretch, but in Star Wars, Obi-Wan talks about Vader betraying and murdering Lukes father. Turns out, it's from a certain point of view.
"Red" may have been his father, but down in the caves, something happened and therefore, someone claimed him as dead, like Vader.
"Red" may mean blood; like death, just not really dead.
Also, Philip gets a letter from his dad, right? No one really knows what is in there, and why Philip seeks the caves, except to look for answers, right? Correct me if I'm wrong there.
If this "father" wanted Philip to seek him, where is he? Why is only "Red" the only one talking to Philip.
I may be twisting things up a bit too much. I can't see how "Red" can send a letter to Philip while being in that cave. But then again, he knows where Philip is in various places throughout the cave.
It's amazing on how many things can fit, and one thing that is different can make a world of difference.
Both Red and his Father had some 'incident' some 30 years ago, right?
If "Red" isn't the father, which is probably so, you suppose he had anything to do with Philips father? Did he kill the father, hide him in the shelter, or farther on down, not wanting Philip to find out? Maybe that's why he tried to kill Philip a few times, and refused the key.
Maybe I'm seeing it all wrong. I know one thing for sure, the very bottom section about him not being his father, but has something to do with his father, makes a ton more sense.
what do you guys think?

added note: "Ah, my memory is like something with a great many small holes. We shall be needing to perform some minor demolition work, so that we might one day meet again" is something Red says early in the game when you hear him. "meet again" hmm...
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2007, 01:40 AM by Greatred.)
06-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Red and Philips father; connection?

Spoiler below!
Red's been trapped down there since he was 14 i believe, it'd be hard to have himself a child methinks.

also when you meet him in the incinerater room, he says that he "does not have the answer he seeks." if he was his father, he would.

06-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Spoiler below!
So what I said sounded dorky, like I thought, lol. I'm sure it's safe to say, Red is not Philips father. (forgot about that age 14 thing 30 years back). One thing though, when he says he "does not have the answer he seeks", why can't that be a lie? How does Red even know Philip is seeking for answers? If Red killed his father, why tell Philip and help him? Why not lie and say/do what you can so Philip doesn't find out?
06-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

My 1st spoiler tag:

Spoiler below!
Red can't possibly be Philips father.
Red's real name is Thomas, and his last name Red-something. Redfield, redland.. Whatever.
He seemingly came there when he was 14, or perhaps was born there.
He never mentioned anything about beeing a father, having sons or the like to Philip, wich he probably whould had if he was his father.
I dont think Philips father "died" 30 years ago, it only sais he have been "officially dead" for 30 years, like that movie Cast Away.. Only 4 years there I think.
However, they could had been working together, and if he DOES say "Meet again" perhaps Red met him while Philip had a birthday party or the like, or just visited his father. Cuz Philip had met his father before declared dead, right?
I'm not sure how old Philip is :S

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

he DOES say that though. not saying that makes Red his father, but he does say that. more logically, he may have had something to do with Philip's fathers dead.
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:he may have had something to do with Philip's fathers dead.

Yeah, maybe Red did some experimention to Philips father!
Nah, just kidding! Big Grin

Kedjane Wrote:Red's real name is Thomas, and his last name Red-something.

I don't think that Red is Philips father. 'Cause Philips father name is Howard.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2007, 02:29 PM by Ano.)
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Website Find
Linux.Blue Offline

"things are not what they seem". could be lies. Does anyone think Red did something to Philip's father? Forget the "red may be the father" stuff.
06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Money was tight before red was in the mine.
He saw a sperm bank one day.
He decided to get the extra money.
So he donates alittle. The stuff is forgotten in the back of a vault, but preserved.
Philip's mother wants to have a child. She goes to the sperm bank.
You do the rest.

Proof that red is philip's father.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
06-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Money was tight before red was in the mine.
He saw a sperm bank one day.
He decided to get the extra money.
So he donates alittle. The stuff is forgotten in the back of a vault, but preserved.
Philip's mother wants to have a child. She goes to the sperm bank.
You do the rest.

Proof that red is philip's father.

cute (being sarcastic).
either I am being mocked or laughed at for this, which I should have saw coming, lol, or um...something else.

I mentioned a few times, forget about the red and father part. I want to talk about the second part. did red have something to do with Philips father? did the father go in the cave, and Red end up eating him? did the father warn Philip about not going in there?
I think this could go places. let's not ruin it with this father/red stuf, unless it's funny
06-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:Does anyone think Red did something to Philip's father? Forget the "red may be the father" stuff.

Maybe Red was working to Howard (Philips father)?

06-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Website Find