Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
[Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Screenshot criticism thread

(08-29-2014, 12:37 PM)The chaser Wrote: I need a bit of your help:

I'm making a sewer-like scenario. The thing is, the area is huge and I don't have a single idea of what could a ceiling be for this level. I thought of a plane, but it would be very boring.

(The skybox is for a few holes around the level and for light, nothing important, also I'm not done with lighting and other stuff)

http://imgur.com/pnoqEju
http://imgur.com/rRiVCKe
http://imgur.com/S7eJkPi

Concaves. That's the best way to do it imho, still you need to put a lot of them if you decide to, so good luck Big Grin

Try to do it in the way like FG did it in rainy hall:

[Image: 4803.jpg]

I mean put concaves and a plane to cover the hole between each concave, I hope you get what I mean, can't really explain it better, sorry xd

Overally seems to be a cool idea to have all those bridges and stuff, kind of refreshing to sewer - like locations Tongue
08-29-2014, 12:59 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-29-2014, 12:59 PM)Lazzer. Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 12:37 PM)The chaser Wrote: I need a bit of your help:

I'm making a sewer-like scenario. The thing is, the area is huge and I don't have a single idea of what could a ceiling be for this level. I thought of a plane, but it would be very boring.

(The skybox is for a few holes around the level and for light, nothing important, also I'm not done with lighting and other stuff)

http://imgur.com/pnoqEju
http://imgur.com/rRiVCKe
http://imgur.com/S7eJkPi

Concaves. That's the best way to do it imho, still you need to put a lot of them if you decide to, so good luck Big Grin

Try to do it in the way like FG did it in rainy hall:

[Image: 4803.jpg]

I mean put concaves and a plane to cover the hole between each concave, I hope you get what I mean, can't really explain it better, sorry xd

Overally seems to be a cool idea to have all those bridges and stuff, kind of refreshing to sewer - like locations Tongue

The thing about dungeonbase concaves is that they don't fit, at least how I've put them. I'll play more with them though, thank you :3

EDIT: By now, it will be a plane with windows, but any suggestion is appreciated.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 01:59 PM by The chaser.)
08-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

May I give the suggestion, fog?

You can have any kind of color.
And that always tend to look marvelous!

Trying is the first step to success.
08-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(08-29-2014, 02:47 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: May I give the suggestion, fog?

I had thought about that but I need windows so there's light (I won't make a skybox that creates light without any source, I guess you understand) and fog, although it would look pretty cool, wouldn't give me the light "excuse" I need. Nice suggestion, though Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

(08-29-2014, 03:01 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 02:47 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: May I give the suggestion, fog?

I had thought about that but I need windows so there's light (I won't make a skybox that creates light without any source, I guess you understand) and fog, although it would look pretty cool, wouldn't give me the light "excuse" I need. Nice suggestion, though Smile

Hia, you can always change the fogs end to 40/50 so it will look better Big Grin
08-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

This is what I and Lazzer did! Big Grin

[Image: fCkxC4a.jpg]

Is there anything else that has to be fixed in this area guys or improved? If so let me know, This isn't a one room map, that's just the barn which is in a huge ass forest. :p

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2014, 03:23 PM by Radical Batz.)
08-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Particles.

And then I'm not sure how the billboards look from the other side, where the door is, which I guess is from where you enter.

Also, shadows! Get a spot light in there! Those billboards are screaming for it! If the light is just as bright as those billboards say then there isn't enough spot on the door.

Trying is the first step to success.
08-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Yes. Fog Justin. Moar fog.
08-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

The billboards are too uniform in length, cut about half of them down a foot or so (darken them some too maybe) and it will look much more natural. That upper ceiling extension with the slit windows needs some kind of trim along it because the dull flat planes stand out too much against the rest of the geometry.

Props to you both on the lighting, keeps it dark and moody without hiding everything. I'd agree about putting in some shadows, though.

08-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

If no one is going to say it... I will.
CONTRAST! MOAR CONTRAST! TORCHES UND SHIT!

The International Narcotics Traffic
08-30-2014, 12:02 AM
Find