Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Custom Story
Karai16 Offline

Threads: 24
Smile  Christmas Custom Story

After almost half a year of hiatus, I want to start building custom stories again. And as one of them, I actually want to make a short christmas story. But, my scripting abilities are almost 0 and I only have a mere concept as to what the story will be about.
As so I thought it might be handy to go look for a tutor, someone who can help me with my scripting and shine share his/her opinion/ideas on the custom story or script.

Or maybe it's an idea to create a christmas story with multiple people who help each other and make their own maps to put in the story, so we can make the story together with alot of people for fun. Smile

Anyways, I hope people around here can help me with my idea, or my scripting abilities.

Also, I thought I'd just let you know,

It's great to be back!

Custom stories:
Her Games (100% Complete)
Her Games, All Bugs Fixed (100% Complete)
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Christmas Custom Story

Welcome back. Being someone's tutor is, honestly talking, bothersome. So it would be a lot better, and if you are really interested in learning you would get easily trough it, if you checked tutorials, tried for yourself and posted your questions in here.

Advices:

Check the link bellow as people around here seem to find it very helpfull(Thanks to MyComputer(Yes, I meant it)):
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10798.html

I think it would be nice to have a christmas story for christmas, but you should select a few people to work with and not just allow everyone to mod it. This is a better idea, imo, because you could actually learn something. Doing otherwise won't improve your capabilities and you'll find problems as someone would need to manage the project.

One way or another, good luck with that CS.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23

i totally agree with nemesis Smile

i'm new here and new in scripting and learning this stuff (even failing and searching to solve the problems) is so much fun. but i can offer my help if you need some ideas for an christmas story, i guess i've got already some ideas Smile

so far, quotentote
12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

The best way to look for a "tutor" of any kind would be to just chill in the IRC. It seems pretty useless when there's pretty much no one there. If more modders would be there, all the simple questions that seem too stupid to answer could be answered in seconds.

Ironically the IRC seems to be down right now...

12-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Find