Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
24-Hour Amnesia - A Collaboration Story
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1
RE: 24-Hour Amnesia - A Collaboration Story

This custom map was a really enjoyable playthrough. I have a few (hopefully constructive) comments to make for some of the maps, but I should start by saying that you've all done well and that bugs and other problems are perfectly understandable for a 24h map.

Hunter by Statyk
Spoiler below!
It was a funny story - that is, until it suddenly became serious. The coincidence (Ralphie and Hunter) was a bit confusing hehe. The snow animation is good in the distance, by it's strange to see the large crystals of snow just in front of you (and they kind of bothered me). Also, I found it difficult to sneak because of not seeing the dog through the snow and the fact that he could see me through the tree branches while I could not see him. Not sure if this was intended or not.
Observation by Apjjm
Spoiler below!
One of my favorites. Very good scripting (was to be expected from you, Apjjm). It's refreshing to see a totally different kind of mod. The difficulty of you puzzles was, from my experience, just right. Only one thing didn't work out for me as you intended, i guess: the button I had to push by throwing an object. The "shadow" that was supposed to make it fall actually stopped the object right above the button.
Journey to Brennenburg by Palistov
Spoiler below!
It has good level editing. The building has an authentic feel to it. It's good to see those doors, they make much more sense than the standard Amnesia plank doors. The puzzle is awesome... even though I didn't get it without forum help. At first I managed to get past it by picking up the key in the desk through the small crack in the desk door. A thing that is out of place is the title... it has no connection to the map. The player would expect some kind of story after seeing such a title.
Grave Robber's Nightmare by Kman
Spoiler below!
I liked the general idea of this one and the last part, sneaking with a bunch of boxes around while avoiding the monsters. The 4 rooms were, in my opinion, too repetitive and too simple. They could have used a bit more detail and something to differentiate between them (except the positioning of boxes). I also encountered a bug: one of the monsters got stuck in a doorway (solved this by dying).
Sewers of Oblivion by Obliviator
Spoiler below!
The underwater part was very interesting (though it had some strange bugs: the shackles on the walls were really strange). Twice I had no sense of what to do next. First it was the pickaxe part. It took me quite a while to figure that out, it could have been more suggestive. Then it was the mixed substance part. I couldn't figure out why the substances wouldn't want to mix. Maybe trying to mix them before reading the book should have displayed a suggestive message.
Scary Noises by devin413
Spoiler below!
I liked the part where I had to run past the monster after hiding behind the boxes. There are obvious spelling mistakes. The story makes little sense, and the way it is conveyed is a bit unnatural (the way you realize what you have to do as you move on). Some "scary noises" seemed out of place, like the piano playing. The second key should have been named to avoid confusion (it just so happened that the last door I tried was the right one). Also, when I reentered the first map to go for the first room, it was just like at the very beginning: the scripts all worked again and the text with the players thoughts appeared again.
Challenge by Khyrpa
Spoiler below!
Certainly the most complex story, and quite thought provoking. Excellent use of music, it fit just right with the mood of the game. My only problem was with the dark part with white spots on the walls. I got lost in the darkness and I actually had to run randomly to get through there. I don't know if that was intended or not, but it was weird to run into walls for a minute without seeing anything.
Echoes of the past by Mikhail
Spoiler below!
I loved the level design on this one. The house is a very memorable place and it has a strong feel of authenticity. The pacing was very good. It probably missed some music to set the mood and maybe some reactions of the player seeing the furniture change shape (great moment). Only problem I had was that invisible key that others have mention (I got stuck for quite a while).

I thank you all for working to give the community these interesting experiences. I hope to see more of all of you. Smile

01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-04-2012, 12:49 AM)Leu Radu Wrote: Grave Robber's Nightmare by Kman
Spoiler below!
I liked the general idea of this one and the last part, sneaking with a bunch of boxes around while avoiding the monsters. The 4 rooms were, in my opinion, too repetitive and too simple. They could have used a bit more detail and something to differentiate between them (except the positioning of boxes). I also encountered a bug: one of the monsters got stuck in a doorway (solved this by dying).
Funny story about that... I had actually spent about 2 hours decorating each room, I had finished all of them but one, and then my level editor crashed :| by that point it was like 3 in the morning, I was dead tired, and I needed to leave Statyk enough time to script my map before i hit the 24-hour mark, so I just thought "fuck it, I'm just throwing a shit load of boxes in these rooms."

Posting Freak
01-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Statyk said
Quote: Lol the Hunter-Ralphie thing was COMPLETELY coincidental... I made the map with no knowledge of "Ralphie". I just wanted to try something different from usual campaigns =P
Trust me, it was different enough! Smile

Here is part 3:

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM by Xss.)
01-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
thetury455 Offline

Threads: 10

it froze on me wen i was looking for the dog in the snow :c

AmnesiaGuy
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Find
Xss Offline

I'm finally back to high speed internet: dang, now I have like 4 or 5 parts to upload during the next days. Can you believe that a 4 hours upload at home in France took me 3 minutes with the local university wireless? o_O

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM by Xss.)
01-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
TomZasd Offline

Threads: 0

I'm stuck on the Mechanics part on the Observion part.
When i flick the lever up to light the torch and I turn off my lantern, the lever and the cogwheels near the torch disappear, even though they are supposed to stay there(I think).
Little help needed!
01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-08-2012, 02:26 PM)TomZasd Wrote: I'm stuck on the Mechanics part on the Observion part.
When i flick the lever up to light the torch and I turn off my lantern, the lever and the cogwheels near the torch disappear, even though they are supposed to stay there(I think).
Little help needed!
Spoiler below!

Flick the lamp on with the switch and walk along the gears with your lantern out. Go around to the other side with your lantern out and light up all the gears. Should work

01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Xss Offline

Here goes part 5!

01-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-09-2012, 05:16 AM)Xss Wrote: Here goes part 5!

Ok... that ending made me seriously lol XD

Posting Freak
01-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Website Find
Xss Offline

Kman wrote
Quote: Ok... that ending made me seriously lol XD
It's like the bug was meant to appear at that exact time, to conclude an episode! Smile

Parts 6 and 7:

01-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Find