Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Additional Content
Vipes Offline

Threads: 11
Help with Additional Content

So, I wanted to do like The Machine did, have the custom story folder (In my case Palletwood Manor) house not only the maps for the mod, but everything else the mod has extra instead of moving the the extra stuff to the root folder.

Example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor

Palletwood Manor folder has:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor\Billboards
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor\Entities
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor\Maps
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor\Sounds

ect..

How do I get the Level Editor to recognize this?
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2011, 01:50 AM by Vipes.)
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Help with Additional Content

Follow step 8 in http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Website Find
Vipes Offline

(12-14-2011, 05:35 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Follow step 8 in http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide
Did that, they still don't show up in the Level Editor's Entities dropdown, Static Objects dropdown, ect.
12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(12-14-2011, 05:55 PM)Vipes Wrote: Did that, they still don't show up in the Level Editor's Entities dropdown, Static Objects dropdown, ect.

You'll need to do one of two things: (1) Place your objects in static_objects and entities in the entities folder of Amnesia, or (2) edit the MainEditorSettings.cfg and modify the locations to point to your story. First method, obviously, isn't what you're looking for. Second method i haven't tested, but it's bound to make the level editor not list the original Amnesia resources.

You don't really need them to be listed in the level editor listings--that's just for convenience.

12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Website Find
Vipes Offline

(12-14-2011, 06:34 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 05:55 PM)Vipes Wrote: Did that, they still don't show up in the Level Editor's Entities dropdown, Static Objects dropdown, ect.

You'll need to do one of two things: (1) Place your objects in static_objects and entities in the entities folder of Amnesia, or (2) edit the MainEditorSettings.cfg and modify the locations to point to your story. First method, obviously, isn't what you're looking for. Second method i haven't tested, but it's bound to make the level editor not list the original Amnesia resources.

You don't really need them to be listed in the level editor listings--that's just for convenience.
Alright, thanks. Question, when I package the Story, and have all the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor put in a RAR, and when someone opens it, and extracts everything, will the custom objects show? Or would they have to do something to get them to show?

And how can I place entities, static objects, ect without using the dropdown method?
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM by Vipes.)
12-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(12-14-2011, 07:02 PM)Vipes Wrote: Alright, thanks. Question, when I package the Story, and have all the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor put in a RAR, and when someone opens it, and extracts everything, will the custom objects show? Or would they have to do something to get them to show?

And how can I place entities, static objects, ect without using the dropdown method?

The game will automatically load any custom objects from within your custom story's folder when the user tries to play your custom story. Players won't have to make any modifications to their resources.cfg file.

To place a custom object in your map, just place down any object from the main story, then select it, and on the right click on the "..." button and load your custom object from there. Also, remember to change the name of the object, as it'll have the name of the previous object.

12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Website Find
Vipes Offline

(12-14-2011, 07:15 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 07:02 PM)Vipes Wrote: Alright, thanks. Question, when I package the Story, and have all the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent\custom_stories\Palletwood Manor put in a RAR, and when someone opens it, and extracts everything, will the custom objects show? Or would they have to do something to get them to show?

The game will automatically load any custom objects from within your custom story's folder when the user tries to play your custom story. Players won't have to make any modifications to their resources.cfg file.

To place a custom object in your map, just place down any object from the main story, then select it, and on the right click on the "..." button and load your custom object from there. Also, remember to change the name of the object, as it'll have the name of the previous object.
Figured as much. Thanks.

12-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Find