Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
My first CS: Hallucination
sasukeroxxx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: My first CS: Hallucination

(04-23-2012, 04:06 PM)MrsIndepent Wrote: This is the first custom story I actually played without 'scare quiting' (new thing? xD). I'm like a gigantic pussy when it comes to Amnesia. The water part is soooo hard, but it's a very fun map and I liked it so far. Smile
Yes, the map is not to be a map as "so serious" and such was going to be just a difficult map, so I mixture them, but I'm working on a map,as a serious map, with history and everything else and perhaps after that has the "Hallucination 2", who knows ...

and thx for play' Smile

Hallucination

Constantine - in Construction
05-04-2012, 12:39 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Spoiler below!
Hey, I got pretty far and this is what I have to say about your custom story:

It's good to see the amount of effort you've put into making this. Actively listening to feedback will turn you into one of the best custom story makers!
I loved how big it is and how much you get chased by monsters Big Grin I had a lot of fun.
Here's some feedback:
-When going down either one of the staircases leading to the maps for key #1 and #2, there is no wall, floor or even a ceiling.
-At the first part with the water monsters the sounds loop in a weird way. As soon as you're on top of a box it stops for some reason.
-Sometimes you hide things a bit too well, this is about the fourth time I'm stuck on this Custom Story.
-Did you get bored of translating? I'm playing the English version, yet half of the letters are still in Portugese.
-You should make mementos for the thoughts your character thinks, rather than put letters down.
-Same goes for flashbacks. You left notes that explain the story, like the ones that go something like: 'No Daniel, don't kill me, I thought we were friends!' In my opinion it would be awesome if you could replace these with flashbacks, just like in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, where the screen flashes white and you hear a flashback.
-Attic means highest room(s). It should be on the highest floor, you have it downstairs somewhere.

Another good thing is that you seem to give just about the right amount of supplies Smile
I personally like the idea of having keys with no names, as it feels realistic.

I hope this helped.
Now where I'm stuck:

I'm now at the part with more water monsters. One is behind some big pipes in the water, and behind him is a locked door. I've tried going to the right of that and using boxes and a chair to get over the fence, but after the second fence I got killed by 2 water monsters. What am I supposed to do here? I'm not really sure what the map is called, but it was right after the 'creepy corridor'. It's NOT the first water monster map.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012, 01:18 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
05-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Find
sasukeroxxx Offline

(05-04-2012, 01:14 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Hey, I got pretty far and this is what I have to say about your custom story:

It's good to see the amount of effort you've put into making this. Actively listening to feedback will turn you into one of the best custom story makers!
I loved how big it is and how much you get chased by monsters Big Grin I had a lot of fun.
Here's some feedback:
-When going down either one of the staircases leading to the maps for key #1 and #2, there is no wall, floor or even a ceiling.
-At the first part with the water monsters the sounds loop in a weird way. As soon as you're on top of a box it stops for some reason.
-Sometimes you hide things a bit too well, this is about the fourth time I'm stuck on this Custom Story.
-Did you get bored of translating? I'm playing the English version, yet half of the letters are still in Portugese.
-You should make mementos for the thoughts your character thinks, rather than put letters down.
-Same goes for flashbacks. You left notes that explain the story, like the ones that go something like: 'No Daniel, don't kill me, I thought we were friends!' In my opinion it would be awesome if you could replace these with flashbacks, just like in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, where the screen flashes white and you hear a flashback.
-Attic means highest room(s). It should be on the highest floor, you have it downstairs somewhere.

Another good thing is that you seem to give just about the right amount of supplies Smile
I personally like the idea of having keys with no names, as it feels realistic.

I hope this helped.
Now where I'm stuck:

I'm now at the part with more water monsters. One is behind some big pipes in the water, and behind him is a locked door. I've tried going to the right of that and using boxes and a chair to get over the fence, but after the second fence I got killed by 2 water monsters. What am I supposed to do here? I'm not really sure what the map is called, but it was right after the 'creepy corridor'. It's NOT the first water monster map.
Spoiler below!
Thank you for the feedback, about the notes. yes, i agree but when I created this custom map, I did not know how to create, hehe. I improvised a map, was created just to a friend play, but decided to put it in the forum, I thought, why not? This explains the two versions. Good, but still about having notes in english version in Portuguese, is because they are just poems. in them the title only import to solve future puzzles, it will not need to translate. and in this part of the two water monsters. have a way for you to stand on top of the second fence without falling on the other side, not turning on the monsters, with boxes you carry with you and play the other side. and have a lever puzzle. to be a little tricky to resolve in this situation and will have a key hidden in a shelf, hope this help Smile

Hallucination

05-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Find
WaWor Offline

Threads: 0

I did a let's play on it, it's not the best custom story I've played so far, but you will hopefully you'll improve your self.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Let's Player / Playlists / Voice act artist.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM by WaWor.)
05-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Website Find
sasukeroxxx Offline

(05-09-2012, 03:37 PM)WaWor Wrote: I did a let's play on it, it's not the best custom story I've played so far, but you will hopefully you'll improve your self.
Part 1
Part 2 (Tomorrow).
Perhaps,having a lot suspense? is so boring in the beginning yet? the course of the map you will be with the "pants in the hands" and,I tried to improve the design, but it gives error in the editor on some maps. the f#kin "something is wroooong". i go watch the playthrough Smile

Hallucination

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM by sasukeroxxx.)
05-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Find
WaWor Offline

Threads: 0

(05-09-2012, 08:31 PM)sasukeroxxx Wrote: Perhaps,having a lot suspense? is so boring in the beginning yet? the course of the map you will be with the "pants in the hands" and,I tried to improve the design, but it gives error in the editor on some maps. the f#kin "something is wroooong". i go watch the playthrough Smile
Well, it's like the background music sometimes go off, it helps the creepy atmospher in the story custom, beside there's these glitchy textures in a few areas but that's alright, having that said I just want to add that it's "alright" by now (I am by part 2 at the moment).

Let's Player / Playlists / Voice act artist.
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Website Find
seahawks4ever Offline

Threads: 1

I have played probably 30 or so custom stories and I can honestly say, without hesitation, that this story is so FREAKING FRUSTRATING! (but in a good way). Normally I can breeze through a story in no time flat, rarely ever dying. In this one, I have now died 6 times.
Spoiler below!

The section after the creepy corridor is simply satanic. One wrong move...just one slip and you are toast. I was able to get one of the levers correct but slipped off a box and once that happened, I was done for. (By the way, YOUR FREAKING WATER MONSTER CLIMBED THE FRIGGIN STAIRS!!!! NOT FAIR!)
I have no idea how far I am in the game but I can definitely appreciate the effort you have put into this. Lots of backtracking (which made me think you were Japanese lol), lots of puzzles, oh, and scaring the beejesus out of me several times. Once I got key #1&2, I thought I had to go back to the area with Alois. You know how many times I ran around that place with him right friggin behind me? LOL

05-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

now I'm frustrated...not in a good way. Got past the part from before. The barrel was a pain but ok I could deal. Next step I missed the jump and then had to commit suicide. Respawned and guess what? Back at step 1....with no barrel.
First time I've ever rage quitted.
05-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

As much as I told myself I would stop playing this story, I've never not finished a story.
Spoiler below!

I got all the way to step 4. I put the box in front of the yellow angel and got the exhale sound. Then I climbed up to the floating angels. Nice job of making it look like you had to jump by the way...but I had the box with me, tried to show it to them to no avail.
I REALLY hope I did not have to bring all three boxes over...because I lost one.

05-20-2012, 02:55 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

It seems every day, after dying 100 times, I progress a little further.
Spoiler below!

THe maze...I swear I have gone all through that place. I get to the open area with a monster and a locked door. I've seen no keys at all while running around this maze. I even had the monster kill me right in front of the first door, which after 3 times broke open the door but then the exit is locked too. Please help me!
05-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Find