Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hermoor's models II
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Hermoor's models II

I'm just going to blurt out what I'd personally be happy for in my asian story at the moment, ranked from most needed to least needed:
A yurei (hovering like a classical one, or walking like Samara).
A simple japanese low-cut table.
A dressing screen.
A suit of samurai armour (instead of the medieval armour).

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8

Yurei looks interesting, send me your msn if you have one and you could tell me what you want more in detail.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
04-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-06-2012, 08:51 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Yurei looks interesting, send me your msn if you have one and you could tell me what you want more in detail.
Unfortunately, that was my last message before going to bed. I'll tell you via PM.

04-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

(04-06-2012, 06:59 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Oh hey yeah sorry I feel like making something, any suggestions Smile Something unique and interesting would be cool. Stereotypical zombies are boring, I think the old vittra fills that spot alright?
Would you be willing to try your hand at doing a human heart? Bonus for it beating, but it doesn't have to.

04-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Looking for a fully clothed elderly man if possible, and I would love you forever. That should be enough incentive. Wink

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-10-2012, 02:52 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Looking for a fully clothed elderly man if possible, and I would love you forever. That should be enough incentive. Wink
Although Hermoor is already working on a project, that could be very useful. I remember the shop from Altstadt Killings having to settle for a grunt with a cardboard russian hat as a shop keeper, and what's a money system without a shop, and what's a shop without a shop keeper? He could also be a quest giver with the aid of voice-overs. In Amnesia we hardly saw how people dressed in the early 19th century.

04-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Quote: Looking for a fully clothed elderly man if possible, and I would love you forever.
Currently working on the female body, maybe I could morph the female body into a male body then put a new face and some clothes on it. I'll backup this female body and I'll see what I can do after I'm done with her. A elderly "noble" man or what you got in mind.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live"
-Lin Yutang
04-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Here is a little wip of the creepy older girl...at this point anyting is possible to change, so if there is anything you see needs to change let me know. The hair and feet aren't dont in this wip the hands might need some adjustements too.
[Image: 2hozp10.png]

-Lin Yutang
04-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-16-2012, 11:29 AM)Hermoor Wrote: Here is a little wip of the creepy older girl...at this point anyting is possible to change, so if there is anything you see needs to change let me know. The hair and feet aren't dont in this wip the hands might need some adjustements too.
[Image: 2hozp10.png]
First of all: Yaay! Smile
Now for some propositions: I imagined the funeral gown to be much more loose fitting, having a complete lack of waist and be more "wrinkly"/"vertically curvy"(?). (You know, the word that curtains usually are.) Sure, you won't be able to see protruding ribs through it, but it will remove the attractive female form. Also, bare feet instead of socks, please. Smile
Edit: The sleeves should probably end before the bony wrists. The gown should pretty much look like it's resting on her bony shoulders.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Find
Hermoor Offline

(04-16-2012, 11:43 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: First of all: Yaay! Smile
Now for some propositions: I imagined the funeral gown to be much more loose fitting, having a complete lack of waist and be more "wrinkly"/"vertically curvy"(?). (You know, the word that curtains usually are.) Sure, you won't be able to see protruding ribs through it, but it will remove the attractive female form. Also, bare feet instead of socks, please. Smile
Edit: The sleeves should probably end before the bony wrists. The gown should pretty much look like it's resting on her bony shoulders.
Completely lack of waist huh...you can see that even samara has a waist.
http://dsd32.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/samara.jpg

In fact if it's a dress she is wearing or a gown or whatever the waist is always noticed. Now yes it could be more loosely fit. But there must be a waist otherwise she would look not so much like a human. I get what you mean though less corset...and more samara.

The curves as in any game model would have to be seen through the texture. It would be too high poly otherwise, or at least too high poly for me. Actually I don't really think one would notice it much, plus it would be messy if someone would be to animate her. Even in modern games it's not very common to see cloth simulations. Only games I can think of that has it is Assasin's creed.

I like your bony wrists and bony shoulders, NOTED! I'll probably finish the model tonight and then start with the texturing tomorrow. Maybe it will be finished tomorrow...depends. Now I wonder, will you be able to animate it?

-Lin Yutang
04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Find