Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should I continue developing Eidolon for Amnesia: The Dark Descent OR Frictional's new upcoming game, Amnesia: The Machine For Pigs?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Continue development for Amnesia: The Dark Descent
64.00%
16 64.00%
Continue development for the upcoming game, Amnesia: The Machine For Pigs
36.00%
9 36.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Eidolon - A Total Conversion
Krymtel Offline

Threads: 9
Eidolon - A Total Conversion

Poll: Should I continue developing this total conversion for Amnesia: The Dark Descent OR should I wait for the new game, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs? I am about a quarter of the way through developing Eidolon, but I am excited for the new game and I personally feel that I should save development for Frictional's new game. What do you guys think?

Eidolon - A Total Conversion of Amnesia

Description: Eidolon is a story of a man named Jacob who wakes up in a damp cave in the middle of nowhere, sealed in with no way out. A lone mirror sits amid a moat of murky water and draws his attention. Jacobs curiosity betters him and he reaches for the glass, as it does not seem to reflect anything despite it being encased in a mirror-like frame. He is instantly pulled in into a world unknown. You play as Jacob and lead him in his attempts to make out where he is while avoiding sick distortions of himself that try to kill him.

Setting: Modern. Almost all content seen in-game is going to be new content in order to fit this setting.

Content Created So Far:

*NEW* Levels Created So Far *NEW*

Map 1: The Cave - 100% completed (might change some stuff, screenshots attached)

Map 2: The Apartment - 8% - completed (Created so far: bed, lamps, carpet, paintings, and tables).

Map 3: House of Mirrors - not started (Some mirror models completed)

Map 4: Hospital - not started

Total Map Creation: 27%

The cave map is a map used as a transition between maps 2-4, as in every time you complete any map between 2-4, you go to the cave. These maps are designed to be long.

Menu/GUI: There is a custom menu interface. Every button has been redrawn to fit more with the setting of the total conversion. UPDATE: All fonts replaced with custom fonts, currently working on the inventory GUI.

Music: Made my own music but I am not too happy with the results. Might change some things around. Ambient music will be composed by kartanonperuna. It's going to sound great. I'm still open to anyone who can produce music for the main menu or the theme music for the game, and maybe even monster music (when their nearby, chasing you, etc.) otherwise I'll do that.

Flashlight: Replaced lantern with flashlight, fully textured and sounds added. Casts shadows and it is accompanied by custom animations when holstering, equipping, and being idle. A screenshot is attached (not the best screenshot, but had to get hand in there as well Tongue. By the way, that's my test map in the screenshot and is not part of the total conversions map set.)

Hand: Hand is completely retextured with a photorealistic texture. *NOTE* Might make a new model due to crappy looks of the hand.

Painkillers: Replaced laudanum with painkillers, fully textured and sounds when using it have been added.

Batteries: Replaced oil with batteries, fully textured. Don't know whether or not I should add heavy duty batteries to replace Large Oil potions.

Monster: Yes, there's a custom monster. He is fully textured and has most of his sounds done. He is also fully rigged and is ready to be animated. I've got some teaser screenshots to keep you guys busy for a while Smile

Monster Animations Completed So Far

- Idle Animation
- Walking Animation

These are NOT finalized but are looking average as of now. They are prone to change.

So all this has been done in a time span of about one and a half weeks. I estimate this total conversion to be finished in about four months. (Yes, long time to wait, sorry).

This story is obviously very much inspired by Amnesia, but overall I feel it goes a bit more in-depth.

Want to read the story? Just keep in mind, this DOES contain spoilers and things won't follow the story exactly when the game is played. Download it here .

Attached Files
.jpg   flashlightandhand.jpg (Size: 114.5 KB / Downloads: 322)
.jpg   monsterteaser.jpg (Size: 30.04 KB / Downloads: 299)
.jpg   mouth.jpg (Size: 23.13 KB / Downloads: 299)
.jpg   cave.jpg (Size: 116.25 KB / Downloads: 320)

Eidolon Total Conversion (WIP)
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM by Krymtel.)
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Eidolon

This is probably the first time in a bit that I'll be genuinely looking forward to a Custom Story.

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
Krymtel Offline

(12-29-2011, 07:46 PM)Miss Rigi Wrote: This is probably the first time in a bit that I'll be genuinely looking forward to a Custom Story.
Thanks for the enthusiasm Smile

12-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I like the custom models and I'm excited to see the new monster =] Though, I'm MOST curious as to what the second attachment is...

[Image: 1279052383758.jpg]
12-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Very interesting.You let me know if you need voice acting.
12-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Website Find
Krymtel Offline

(12-29-2011, 10:32 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Very interesting.You let me know if you need voice acting.
Alright! I might some time. Did you read the story?

12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm no.You want me to?
12-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Website Find
Krymtel Offline

(12-29-2011, 11:21 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Hmm no.You want me to?
I'm not sure as of now but I might look into it later! Would you be willing to try later maybe if I need voice acting?

12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Okay.
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Website Find
Krymtel Offline

(12-29-2011, 11:24 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Okay.
Great Big Grin

12-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Find