Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
The Ravensgate Castle V3 (Updated 4/7/2013)
Clanksits Offline

Threads: 2
RE: The Ravensgate Castle [Updated]

It seems as though I have already encountered a bug near the very beginning of the game. The door inside of the Study apparently whenever I closed it behind me.. stayed close.
I tried multiple times to re-open it, and right beside the door I saw some wall clippings. I've come to know that as Z-Buffering from some other games, but the clippings right beside an unopenable door doesn't fit to well. Try to test the game and close the door when entering the room, and see if it can open or if it was just some sort of client side screw up on my part.
02-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2

Enjoyed the story a bit, wasn't all that good, but it was alright. Very well-made ending, really loved it!

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 10:32 PM by Traggey.)
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
D47DR34M Offline

Threads: 0

I'm not entirely sure if it is just me, however, I was absolutely terrified from this map. Being a new Amnesia player (I only just bought it yesterday), I am easily frightened by the horror aspect of this game. Jump scares/pop-up scares, as well as mysterious occurences, never fail to make me jump... or scream, as I found myself doing much in this map.
Although, if I may say, I found the overall story performance to be slightly lacking in detail. It was a short yet sweet map, however I was really hoping to be able to immerse myself more into the story instead of simply just the atmosphere.
This map was a fun, scary play. It kept me on the edge of my seat. 6/10 for me! Good luck with further maps!
Sincerely, D47DR34M.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2013, 05:46 AM by D47DR34M.)
01-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Find
WalkthroughGaming Offline

Threads: 0

Made a full playthrough of the updated versionSmile

01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Find
Nomad923 Offline

Threads: 15

Thank you for all the feedback, this feedback will be very helpful in my future custom stories. I dont plan on releasing anything till the release of A Machine For Pigs atleast. I have many plans and will take some time. I will also be releasing a new version of this custom story, mainly just some atmosphere touches and bug fixes and such.

(02-16-2012, 01:51 AM)Clanksits Wrote: It seems as though I have already encountered a bug near the very beginning of the game. The door inside of the Study apparently whenever I closed it behind me.. stayed close.
I tried multiple times to re-open it, and right beside the door I saw some wall clippings. I've come to know that as Z-Buffering from some other games, but the clippings right beside an unopenable door doesn't fit to well. Try to test the game and close the door when entering the room, and see if it can open or if it was just some sort of client side screw up on my part.

This has been fixed in Version 3

[Image: qg_logo.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 06:30 AM by Nomad923.)
04-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Find
zoomos Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Ravensgate Castle V3 (Updated 4/7/2013)

Hmm.. I downloaded it, ran it and it says "This most be the end" or something and I ran through the big doors and I died and then it said "To be continued" the whole thing lasted 30 seconds.. bug?

Here is the video.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013, 12:07 AM by zoomos.)
04-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Find
Nomad923 Offline

Threads: 15
RE: The Ravensgate Castle V3 (Updated 4/7/2013)

When creating the end of the custom story i didn't really intend people to run and jump for it, i figured you would just run to it then it would play through its sequence at the "expected" spot you would be at. I plan to finish Part two very soon and this will fixed along with many other things and made a bit shorter. The only reason for the delay is that i've been developing for a Garry's Mod community and have been very preoccupied with it.

An easy fix for that right now is to go into the file called custom_story_settings.cfg and change the start map to rc_10.map.

I kind of rushed this so its bound to have its problems, sorry guys.

Edit: I have included the fix in the main page below the download link.

Edit Again...: The download is down for the moment, cause im noticing many bugs breaking the cs. I will provide a download when part two is done.

[Image: qg_logo.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 09:40 PM by Nomad923.)
06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Find