Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Assuming a movie company would be intersted, should the Penumbra: Overture and Penumbra: Black Plague be made into a movie at all?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes a Penumbra movie would be great!
72.22%
13 72.22%
No. Penumbra should remain as a game.
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Penumbra Movie Poll
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Penumbra Movie Poll

The Penumbra series were well told, and scary for most people. So... should it be turned from a game into a scary movie?

01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
Chemos Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Penumbra Movie Poll

good idea , i'd love to see a movie about the penumbra series
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-04-2012, 05:36 PM)Chemos Wrote: good idea , i'd love to see a movie about the penumbra series
Glad you agree Big Grin and to have your vote. For those how haven't played Penumbra, the movies would scare them. I'd love to see the chase scenes in the Penumbra games with super cool 3d/live action on the big screen.

I wonder which director would be best to make this.
01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

They would have to combine all the games into one film else it would be too short. Think it would have to be done a bit differently to the games. Maybe not so much as re-creating the set to the game level design. Like for example, when you need to get the power back on, I just stood there reading it. They should have the actor under pressure while reading the manual or something. I recon it would either work really well, but if the CGI e.t.c looks a bit dated then that would ruin it. But I would love to see a Penumbra film.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
01-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

My opinion about this is pretty much the same I wrote in the Amnesia movie thread: it'd probably be better if it was more about the characters itself. No one would like to watch a movie where's some dude sneaking alone in darkness without talking nearly anything. This wouldn't give such a big role to the environment, but well, game is a game and movie is a movie. While making a movie you should stay loyal to the original story and characters but still make it so that it works in the form of a movie. Not an easy task, eh.

And like I said in the other thread: Maybe a short tv-series or a mini-series could work better than a movie. ...orr a a movie in two or three parts.

I dunno, but too much cutting and condensing: just NO. If someone's going to make a movie based on something then they shouldn't take an attitude like "Let's just do it somehow." And they should be loyal to the original story. I hate it when some folks out there change so much stuff that doesn't need to be changed when they make movies based on something. You got to make it with your frigging lifeblood. I'm so traumatized by poor game/book/tv-series based movies.

Wha? Picky? ME? Noooo... T^T I just don't want Amnesia or Penumbra to have such a fate. If they'll someday have their movie versions they'd better be awesome as hell.

~
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-05-2012, 11:05 AM)Carrna Wrote: My opinion about this is pretty much the same I wrote in the Amnesia movie thread: it'd probably be better if it was more about the characters itself. No one would like to watch a movie where's some dude sneaking alone in darkness without talking nearly anything. This wouldn't give such a big role to the environment, but well, game is a game and movie is a movie. While making a movie you should stay loyal to the original story and characters but still make it so that it works in the form of a movie. Not an easy task, eh.

And like I said in the other thread: Maybe a short tv-series or a mini-series could work better than a movie. ...orr a a movie in two or three parts.

I dunno, but too much cutting and condensing: just NO. If someone's going to make a movie based on something then they shouldn't take an attitude like "Let's just do it somehow." And they should be loyal to the original story. I hate it when some folks out there change so much stuff that doesn't need to be changed when they make movies based on something. You got to make it with your frigging lifeblood. I'm so traumatized by poor game/book/tv-series based movies.

Wha? Picky? ME? Noooo... T^T I just don't want Amnesia or Penumbra to have such a fate. If they'll someday have their movie versions they'd better be awesome as hell.
I totally agree on poor movies based off books or games, Penumbra would have to be tweaked to make it a good movie. 'Shorten' the search you do around the area, or only include the vital sections (that add important story telling), or something like that.

01-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Find