Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

(08-14-2012, 03:42 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: I think the most horrible monster imagined by Frictional - is you, player. At least in Penumbra: Overture and surely in Amnesia: the Dark Descent the further I progressed through the world game, the more I realized that I am myself - is the most scary monster here, who do not deserve any mercy and forgiveness.
People fuck up sometimes. It's what we do.
You can never fairly judge a killer until you're in the same situation, and then you experience the grief, loathing, and self-disgust that they do. The monsters in Amnesia don't even think, and are mindless - they can't be judged. In all the games the only thing you focus on is survival, so morals come second and that's just the way animals think.
08-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

A few of the enemies scared me pretty easily during gameplay, but the best one was the BIGGY worm.

When I first saw it, when it was breaking the door down, I thought that it was the dog. When it came out, I was like "Wudda?! What is that?". In my panic, I fell down the hole like 5 times, and got killed 3 times after that.

At chemical storage, when it came again, my terror level zupped to 100. Maybe over it. I closed those metal doors, which reduced my panic, but each time I heard the sound of the door banging, it raised again, but when it broke, it flew even higher. I was so scared that thinking wasn't an option. As I was opening the door with the lever, it was taking too long. The door opened a tiny inch, and when I looked back, I was face-to-face with it.

In this part of the game, if I ever had to count how many times I died, I can say, it is over 80. Seriously.

But as I kept dying, I felt a lot better, and I wasn't frustrated at all. I kept enjoying it, until it got boring, and I noticed the ceiling.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(08-16-2012, 08:09 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: A few of the enemies scared me pretty easily during gameplay, but the best one was the BIGGY worm.

When I first saw it, when it was breaking the door down, I thought that it was the dog. When it came out, I was like "Wudda?! What is that?". In my panic, I fell down the hole like 5 times, and got killed 3 times after that.

At chemical storage, when it came again, my terror level zupped to 100. Maybe over it. I closed those metal doors, which reduced my panic, but each time I heard the sound of the door banging, it raised again, but when it broke, it flew even higher. I was so scared that thinking wasn't an option. As I was opening the door with the lever, it was taking too long. The door opened a tiny inch, and when I looked back, I was face-to-face with it.

In this part of the game, if I ever had to count how many times I died, I can say, it is over 80. Seriously.

But as I kept dying, I felt a lot better, and I wasn't frustrated at all. I kept enjoying it, until it got boring, and I noticed the ceiling.
Unlike the other monsters, you can't hide from this fella! Now what would be a great worm chase to watch is if it was chasing the Grunts/Brutes from Amnesia Big Grin (See how scared they get!)
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

Although very simple i really got scared from the roach on the first time i played the tech demo. In the penumbra series i found the first time you meet the dog horrifying, i actually thought it was a saber toothed tiger when i saw those horrible glowing eyes!!!

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
08-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-18-2012, 10:21 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 08:09 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: A few of the enemies scared me pretty easily during gameplay, but the best one was the BIGGY worm.

Unlike the other monsters, you can't hide from this fella! Now what would be a great worm chase to watch is if it was chasing the Grunts/Brutes from Amnesia Big Grin (See how scared they get!)
I tried hiding before, but it doesn't work. It just sniffs ya out!

And the Grunts/Brutes. They wouldn't be able to defeat the wormy. That's what makes it terrifying.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-19-2012, 03:57 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:

And the Grunts/Brutes. They wouldn't be able to defeat the wormy. That's what makes it terrifying.
One thing that would be even scarier than the Worms/Brutes is this fella (artwork not mine): http://eclectixx.deviantart.com/art/Shoggoth-288484101
08-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2012, 05:15 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:

One thing that would be even scarier than the Worms/Brutes is this fella (artwork not mine): http://eclectixx.deviantart.com/art/Shoggoth-288484101
Just seeing the "Shoggoth" line creeped me out.

Decided to go face-to-face with the wormy again. Results below.

Me = 2 (for getting him to fall down the hole)

Wormy = 14 (got me so many times)

Not to mention, how I earned 2? I died from the spiders, so I had to defeat wormy again.

08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-19-2012, 09:06 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:

Not to mention, how I earned 2? I died from the spiders, so I had to defeat wormy again.
Congrants on getting him down the hole, but sorry to hear about the Spider trouble. Those things are annoyingly hard to hit. Where's the can of bug spray?

If you were creeped out by just the Shoggoth line, then imagine how people would be of one inside a dark, dimly lit, huge mansion!
08-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-19-2012, 09:30 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(08-19-2012, 09:06 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-18-2012, 10:21 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Unlike the other monsters, you can't hide from this fella! Now what would be a great worm chase to watch is if it was chasing the Grunts/Brutes from Amnesia Big Grin (See how scared they get!)

Congrants on getting him down the hole, but sorry to hear about the Spider trouble. Those things are annoyingly hard to hit. Where's the can of bug spray?

If you were creeped out by just the Shoggoth line, then imagine how people would be of one inside a dark, dimly lit, huge mansion!
That reminds me of one moment in "The Darkness Within 2", when the character went down a well. When I saw it, I turned the monitor off.

The spiders, they're a bit tough. Don't want to lower the difficulty though. If only arachnophobia wouldn't be there...

EDIT: Already beat the game 3-4 years ago, just going through it again. Feels like a new game again.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2012, 09:41 AM by Robby.)
08-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Website Find
Melvin Offline

Where are the suitors?

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
08-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Website Find