Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

MY REVIEW OF PENUMBRA...
krysijo44 Offline

Threads: 1
MY REVIEW OF PENUMBRA...

It was fabulous... the best game i have ever played. I thought the graphics were great, the sounds were great. The dogs never quit freaking me out thruought the entire game. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack because my heart would race so fast when I was trying to be sneaky around the dogs.

Please dont change a thing. I have read many reviews on this site with suggestions of better monsters with more combat, harder to kill monsters, etc... Dont change anything.

There is an uncountable number of games on the market that are full of enemies to kill and combat throughout the whole game. They are a dime a dozen and are not unique. however, the market for those who like to play a good game with our wits is much, much smaller.

Dont add guns, I loved the idea of using your surroundings and whatever you could find to defend yourself. It forces you to be creative. Makes you think... Adding 'weapons' would take away from the games character and charm. It would make things too easy.

There are those of us who like to sit with our computer and lose ourselves in a scary story. We dont need to be fighting something at every turn, we dont need to be killing something at every turn. We like the fun of suspense/mystery/horror adventure games. We like clues, notes, and using our wits, and the occasional need to defend ourselves.

Please dont make it include more combat. I didnt kill a single dog, even though i read that you could. I preferred sneaking past them. That got my heart racing faster. i killed lots of spiders though!

The game is perfect, its exactly the right amount of 'monsters'. just the right amount of suspense and spookyness(?) That makes a good game and a long spell in front of the computer.

I have played many, many games in this genre and penumbra is truly the one that affected me the most. I couldnt play it at night, I tried - it wasnt happening!! And often after a tense moment, I would sigh and realize that I had been holding my breath and my whole body had been tensed up. But I couldnt get enough.

Looking so forward to the next one.

Remember, you dont need to fix what isnt broken - its great just as it is!!! Keep penumbra unique and original!!

EDIT (Luis) : Made it more eye-friendly Smile
08-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Find
cheesecake Offline

RE: MY REVIEW OF PENUMBRA...

I would have read that review but you need to find that capslock key
08-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

I do agree with what you... well, shouted...
But I agree with cheesecake even more. Reading a whole post in capital letters can be really annoying

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Find
Unregistered

Never mind
08-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Nick Button Offline

Threads: 0

TrUe TrUe, BuT iTs wHaT hE sAiD, ThAt'S iMpOrTaNt!
08-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Find
krysijo44 Offline

Sorry!! My 'bad' on the caps!! Didnt even think about it. Will definitely in the future!
08-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

hehe, it's not that bad, at least you talked sense in Caps ^^

Did look a bit weird though

08-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Find
modreyn Offline

I totally agree with every single word you write!
Fantastic game....
I played the game only in the night though....Prety scary...I always looked behind my back...and 1-2 times almost had a heart attack Tongue
I,on the other hand,didnt kill a single monster...not even a spider...Thought it was more fun running from then with my flashlight turned on Smile
It 's amazing the amount of freadom this game gives you...You can do almost anything..Like in real life...
Does anybody know when the next episode comes out??

Sorry for my english...not a native speaker...
08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

do you suppose caps are harder to read because we're not use to seeing too many letters in cap, that our mind slows down just a tad bit more? or is it just me? not slow slow, but maybe a hair slower?
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:do you suppose caps are harder to read because we're not use to seeing too many letters in cap, that our mind slows down just a tad bit more? or is it just me? not slow slow, but maybe a hair slower?
Hmm, interesting subject to think about...

In my case, I always kind of "hear" the words I read in my mind. It's automatic, I can't stop it.
And All-Caps-Words turn out immensely emphasised, by volume as well as pronounciation, so the whole text turned into constant shouting, which made my mental voice lose it's breath a couple of times, so to speak.

08-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Find