Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Would you work for consoles?
obszeno Offline

Threads: 2
Would you work for consoles?

Hi. Nice game have you done; congrats.

I wonder if u guys considered export this game and follower episodes on Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 or Ps3.

With an ATI x850, AMD 2800+ and 2G RAM game looks awesome (all maximum detail), so I cant imagine how nice would it be on Xbox 360 and PS3; another dream is to move it with the Wiimote and nunkchu. The game is fulfilled of situations where Wiimote would work perfect giving an incredible inmersion on game (even more if its possible).

Looks like develop for Nintendo Wii its easy and cheap (+ more than 10M Wiis sold), although Im not sure about its graphic power, while Xbox 360 and PS3 offer raw power and classic game experience.

Have u considered work for consoles?

See u.
08-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Would you work for consoles?

On wii, it would work because of it's interactivity, but i have doubt about a 360 and a ps3 version. It would be hard to move and interact with the enivoirment with an analogal controller wich is for no good use regarding games in first person perspective.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
08-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

We have been think about it and been looking in to it. Currently our focus are PCs but we hope to extend into consoles in the future.
09-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

obszeno Wrote:Hi. Nice game have you done; congrats.

I wonder if u guys considered export this game and follower episodes on Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 or Ps3.

With an ATI x850, AMD 2800+ and 2G RAM game looks awesome (all maximum detail), so I cant imagine how nice would it be on Xbox 360 and PS3; another dream is to move it with the Wiimote and nunkchu. The game is fulfilled of situations where Wiimote would work perfect giving an incredible inmersion on game (even more if its possible).

Looks like develop for Nintendo Wii its easy and cheap (+ more than 10M Wiis sold), although Im not sure about its graphic power, while Xbox 360 and PS3 offer raw power and classic game experience.

Have u considered work for consoles?

See u.
wii maybye ps3 no it takes away the reason penumbra was made:interactivety and naturol mouse movements xbox360 same as ps3
09-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

*sigh*
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/sho...p?tid=1007

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
09-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

How many times have you guys asked this already? Big Grin
But sounds good if Developers are finally thinking to release it in consoles! Smile

09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Website Find
Silentphil7 Offline

Threads: 0

jo291 Wrote:wii maybye ps3 no it takes away the reason penumbra was made:interactivety and naturol mouse movements xbox360 same as ps3

Bare in mind, theirs a device to play first person titles or anyother game with a KB&M feel. Frag FX ring a bell anyone???

A playstation 3 version would be more interesting, maybe not as a full retail blu ray title but it would be great for playstation network, and pleasing for playstation network users who download games off of PSN like me.

Scraper Wrote:But sounds good if Developers are finally thinking to release it in consoles! Smile

Hopfuly they won't just go for the gold and port to a platform based on sales. 9.9

Diversity would be the best way to go with. If they only stick with one console platform their shooting themselves in the leg.
09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Find