Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(02-03-2013, 05:44 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Indeed, I agree. And if people continue posting here after it is released with all their opinions, reactions, experiences, thought etc... this thread will become huge. I love the thought... Smile
I'm seriously thinking that this thread should be closed in favor of a new "AMFP Thread #2".

The size of this thread seems to be causing some issues with the forum itself with the most noticeable problem for me that posts that start a new page only show when two posts have been made instead of one.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
02-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

no there are no issues, what do you mean with the two posts thing?
02-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(02-03-2013, 06:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: no there are no issues, what do you mean with the two posts thing?
Well, I'm not sure if this shows for anyone else, but I'll try to explain the two post issue:

When a user posts a post which should become the first post of the next page in a thread, that's what should happen right?

However with the exception of this thread (Haven't run into it anywhere else), when browsing the thread, the thread will seem to end at the previous page with no new page in sight. You can still see from "View New Posts" that there is obviously a new post in the thread, but when you visit the actual thread to see the post, it, and the new page it should've created are missing.

When another user then makes another new post to the thread, only then will the new page show normally along with the previous post which was mysteriously omitted.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Find
343 Offline

Threads: 0

(02-03-2013, 05:15 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(02-03-2013, 05:02 PM)343 Wrote: Page 382 and Post: #3816.

People should actually read all pages before saying something like this. No offense.

If the thread was smaller that might be a reasonable request to everyone who visited it.

But we're talking about over 400 pages, and the precise post by jens being 40 pages ago. Sure alot of people may have referenced it a little later, but how are you even supposed to know where to look/start looking with such a massive thread?

I always use "Search" button then search for replies in AAMFP. That's how I found jens post about it was false release date.
02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(02-03-2013, 06:18 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well, I'm not sure if this shows for anyone else, but I'll try to explain the two post issue:

When a user posts a post which should become the first post of the next page in a thread, that's what should happen right?

However with the exception of this thread (Haven't run into it anywhere else), when browsing the thread, the thread will seem to end at the previous page with no new page in sight. You can still see from "View New Posts" that there is obviously a new post in the thread, but when you visit the actual thread to see the post, it, and the new page it should've created are missing.

When another user then makes another new post to the thread, only then will the new page show normally along with the previous post which was mysteriously omitted.

No there is definitely not such a problem. I haven't encountered it before. It is always just fine. All the replies appear instantly when I refresh. Since people write here constantly make sure to hit the refresh button on your browser to see the new replies. If you still have it maybe you should try to clean your browser's temp data and history (except cookies unless you want to relogin everywhere).
02-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(02-03-2013, 06:18 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(02-03-2013, 06:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: no there are no issues, what do you mean with the two posts thing?
Well, I'm not sure if this shows for anyone else, but I'll try to explain the two post issue:

This happens to me too. Since page 300, if I remember right.
02-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(02-03-2013, 06:30 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: No there is definitely not such a problem. I haven't encountered it before. It is always just fine. All the replies appear instantly when I refresh. Since people write here constantly make sure to hit the refresh button on your browser to see the new replies. If you still have it maybe you should try to clean your browser's temp data and history (except cookies unless you want to relogin everywhere).

That's weird since I've run into such a problem in both my home, and dorm computers, both of which are different computers, and use different internets independent from each other.

Could it be a problem with Firefox then? That's what I always use to browse the site.

I'll be sure to try out what you've suggested though next time I see the problem. Thanks!

It just happened again with this new post of mine (I'm double posting since I cannot see my post). I tried clearing everything you suggested, but it's still not showing.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013, 06:37 PM by Kreekakon.)
02-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

guys that's either a MyBB bug or a browser outdated cache of some sort if I were to guess. Have you tried clearing the temp data,history,cache of the browser minus the cookies? It may help...
02-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(02-03-2013, 06:37 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: guys that's either a MyBB bug or a browser outdated cache of some sort if I were to guess. Have you tried clearing the temp data,history,cache of the browser minus the cookies? It may help...
Was just going to try it, but you posted before I had a chance to verify whether the method was successful, or not XD

Image by BandyGrass
02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(02-03-2013, 06:37 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: guys that's either a MyBB bug or a browser outdated cache of some sort if I were to guess. Have you tried clearing the temp data,history,cache of the browser minus the cookies? It may help...

Problem occurs with Firefox, mobile browsers and even with IE. The problem is in this thread.
02-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Find