Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Overture ending?
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Overture ending?

Can someone please tell me how Overture ends?

I read the wiki but I am still unsure is Red the scientist who ate the spiders and such? please tell I am confused... I had to reload Windows 7 and I lost all my saves Sad.

Please answer thanks.

02-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Overture ending?

(02-15-2012, 05:31 AM)darkely Wrote: Can someone please tell me how Overture ends?

I read the wiki but I am still unsure is Red the scientist who ate the spiders and such? please tell I am confused... I had to reload Windows 7 and I lost all my saves Sad.

Please answer thanks.
You find yourself in a long hallway that is very dark, and at the end of the hallway is a person(you can barely make him out with your eyes) you start walking down the hallway and about halfway through you get knocked out and........................then you put black plague in haha hope this was helpful, check youtube out for the vids on it

02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Expanding what TaCTiCaLxReFLeX said:

Red has basically been in the mine since he was 14 I think and has been trapped in there since, so about 20 years I think. As you get near the end, you find Red inside an incinerator as he wants to kill himself. He has been suffering from cabin fever which is when you are in a small place for so long you go paranoid and you sorta go insane. (look up Wiki for more details.)

So after you kill him, you get a key and find more about him, like a few notes, some books, a noose (suggesting he tired to kill himself) and you escape to "The Shelter." There you walk down some stairs, enter this hallway and see this black figure at the end (The Infected from Black Plague) as you walk to it, the lights go out and you eventually get knocked out and the game ends...leading onto Black Plague.

Just started it and it's very scary. If you have any more questions, let us know. Also check out my channel bellow and look at the last 2 or 3 videos of overture for the ending Smile

Think A Little, Change A Lot
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 01:41 PM by BrooksyFC.)
02-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

I also started Black Plague too I guess I am just inside of the mines still :/. When you find the notes about a scientist who eats spiders and worries about the effects would that be Red?

02-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

I'm not too sure to be honest. I've only just got out of the first area and at some flashback part back on the boat. I don't think that was red who ate spiders. That was someone else cause in Overture, you found the guys tongue all infected and he also got dragged away and probably killed, if that's the guy you are on about?

02-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah I can't remember but there's a note with Thomas Redwood in it I believe. Last playthrough was a little bit ago, but I'm almost positive Thomas Redwood was mentioned in a note. Don't think he was a scientist.
02-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Well I remember reading the about the scientist when you find the room where there is a underground entrance or something.

@BrooksyFC The guy with the tongue :/ might be him but idk for sure. I was wondering how the hell did he get down there when he was 14 - an how is he alive? - like I said in my first post I wiped Window 7 so I need to get steam and re-download the games. It would help if steam had cloud storage like the Xbox does.

02-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Yeah near the start of the game, you enter the mine and it's one of the first rooms you went. When you go into this cave and you heard this guy screaming being dragged away, there is a note (I think) and a huge tongue on the table. That's the guy who eats spiders Tongue

[Image: Tongue.jpg]

I think Red went down with his parents and other scientist e.t.c and got trapped down there, from what I remember. Not sure what he ate e.t.c

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 05:01 PM by BrooksyFC.)
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(02-15-2012, 05:00 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Yeah near the start of the game, you enter the mine and it's one of the first rooms you went. When you go into this cave and you heard this guy screaming being dragged away, there is a note (I think) and a huge tongue on the table. That's the guy who eats spiders Tongue

[Image: Tongue.jpg]

I think Red went down with his parents and other scientist e.t.c and got trapped down there, from what I remember. Not sure what he ate e.t.c
lol that explains the tongue Tongue. I'm going to start the 2nd game now Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 06:23 PM by darkely.)
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

Overture is good, Black Plague is better. Enjoy Big Grin
02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Find