Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Alan Wake is out now for PC
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
Alan Wake is out now for PC

Just wanted to let you guys know that Alan Wake is finally out for PC!
Been waiting very long for this to happen

02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Alan Wake is out now for PC

I plowed through it at the start of this week, 16 hours it took me. 16 magnificent, darkness-defeating hours.
Glad it was finally ported to PC.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
02-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Find
TGST Offline

Threads: 2

Bought and played it too! It was a long 2-year wait for me. Really liked it, the main game took me about 16 hours aswell. Looking forward to playing the dlcs aswell, good thing that they came bundled with the main game in the pc version. I enjoyed the mysterious atmosphere and the story a lot, and really liked the fact that there was a lot of Twin Peaks-esque stuff/references in the game.
02-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

The thing is, only DLCs are fun to play and has some creative moments. Since I'm an atmosphere and story person, I wish I couldn't have to stand for boring hours of main game for DLCs to make some sense.

02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

This game interested me when it first came out but never really knew anybody who had an opinion of it so didn't bother to buy it...

I've started to get into PC Gaming since playing Penumbra/Amnesia so I might get it if its any good. Or would it be best to buy it for my PS3 because;
1. I feel very comfortable using the controls on a PS3 controller
2. My Graphics card can easily play FG's games but not sure if it would stuggle handling this one?

What do you guys think? Wink

Hmm, looks like it wasn't released for PS3 >_<

But after looking at some reviews, its very 50/50. Lot of fans but also a lot of haters o.O

[Image: luv.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2012, 02:22 AM by Wooderson.)
02-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

I think a large part of the hate comes from people who are pissed off that Remedy waited for 2 years before porting it over to PC. After all, it was originally planned to be on PC on release.
Remedy did a good job on the port and is releasing patches to further please the PC crowd. Props for that.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

It's because Remedy made a deal with microsoft to release it only on xbox 360. Microsoft told them that Alan Wake should only be played on a tv, so you get the feeling you are watching a television series. After 2 years Remedy took the matter in their own hands and self-released the game on steam to not displease the pc gamers!

Damn microsoft! They better release the entire Halo series for PC!
I love the series but have only played halo 1 and 2. (And Halo 2 was a terrible port of the xbox)

02-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Microsoft like to bully their way through winning in the markets. As much as I use Microsoft products and how some of them are actually pretty decent, I have a small amount of hatred for them Tongue

[Image: luv.gif]
02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Picked it up on day one. Absolutely love the game. I had assumed I'd only like the DLC chapters for their surrealist tone... But, goddamn, the main game surprised me. It's really a great game, probably my favorite mainstream horror game in a while.

Glad to see Remedy's happy with the PC sales. Hope we can get American Nightmare soon.
02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

It's a great game, but it was released for PC far too late, so I have already watched a really good walkthrough of it. They really nailed the Stephen King horror, and added a hint of Lovecraft underneath.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Find