Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scare Event Help
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Scare Event Help

The correct function of the script goes like this: "PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);"
The right way to do this is:
PlaySoundAtEntity("scratchsound_1", "scare_scratch.snt", "private_room", 0, false);
and then:
StopSound("scratchsound_1", 0);
You didn't have "string& asSoundName" you need to name the sound with a name if you want to make a function to it. And no, the .snt file end is not necessary.

03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

Also, sounds that are created INSIDE the level editor will repeat over and over, it's for ambiance sound, so if you have any of that, remove it.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Find
ArcherKiller Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks for your answers guys. I will give it a try now and will post how it worked.

So yeah. Thanks JMFStorm for correction.

But still I got this question with sounds. For example in Sounds/Scare folder there is scare_animal_squeal.snt file and 4 different scare_animal_squeal1/2/3/4.ogg files. When in editor I chose to play scare_animal_squeal.snt it will play one of those 4 sound randomly. How can I make it to play a specific sound? I tried to add "scare_animal_squeal1.ogg" in script for sound name, but it didn't work. Any help with this?
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 07:49 PM by ArcherKiller.)
03-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Find
ArcherKiller Offline

Threads: 1

No one knows?
03-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Find