Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS]
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: [TESTING] Stein der Weisen: Festung

Perhaps you're right, it might feel a lot nicer to play it all at once. Though I might still beta-test the individual chapters so I have some feedback as I go along. I'd like to make sure each chapter is up to par so I know it's as good as it can be.

And my only other reservation is that it's seven chapters, and could end up taking up to seven months for a complete product, and I can only hope I can keep myself going for that long before showing anyone my product! I'd love some motivation to keep myself going, but perhaps if I just beta-test along the way that will be enough.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM by Damascus.)
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

You never really know how long one of those is gonna take, specially after 3 you'll be much better and more used to using all the tools, it might get easier. If you do find you have issues keeping motivated, maybe release it in 2 parts, or cut down your story to more managable size, you may find it improves it overall.

Its a good idea to beta-test along the way regardless. Definately don't not release something cause you lose motivation if your trying to stick it all together. You can always split it again if its not working for you
03-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

I can test the map if you want. Big Grin

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
03-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Alright then, I will go along with the single release plan, then. Thanks!

And thanks RandomGuyz! i sent you and the other volunteer the file in PM.

03-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
HollowRiku13 Offline

Threads: 15

If you still need the bag of coins here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7tn98007drkjzu7
It's fine?, or you want a retexturize or something? I will be pleased to help Big Grin.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2012, 12:32 AM by HollowRiku13.)
03-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Oh I was able to make it into a regular inventory item myself. Thanks, though!

03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Find
HollowRiku13 Offline

Threads: 15

(03-29-2012, 12:37 AM)Damascus Wrote: Oh I was able to make it into a regular inventory item myself. Thanks, though!
No problem! Wink
03-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

RE: [TESTING] The Great Work

New Update: I've decided on advice from those in this thread and others to compile everything into one massive Custom Story. It may take the better part of 2012 (and possibly beyond) to complete, but I will make sure everything is in tip-top shape.

I will be holding VA auditions towards the end of completion, and will be testing each chapter as it finishes.

Additionally, after mulling over titles for some time, I've decided to tentatively re-name my custom story "The Great Work" instead of "Stein der Weisen," which really didn't seem to carry any weight with it.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM by Damascus.)
04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

Nice! And sorry it took me a while to answer back, but I have been REALLY busy! Big Grin
So ya, I would love to play your custom story, but both times when I was looking for a key or something in the first dark room (it always drains my sanity), I get a gamebox/blackbox error (whatever the box is called) and my game is shut down. Is there a way to fix it? Or can you tell me where the key is so I can do it really fast?
Spoiler below!
Your game seems really well-made thought, for it has great atmosphere! I just want to progress right now tho... So where is the key?

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

(04-06-2012, 12:26 PM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: Nice! And sorry it took me a while to answer back, but I have been REALLY busy! Big Grin
So ya, I would love to play your custom story, but both times when I was looking for a key or something in the first dark room (it always drains my sanity), I get a gamebox/blackbox error (whatever the box is called) and my game is shut down. Is there a way to fix it? Or can you tell me where the key is so I can do it really fast?
Spoiler below!
Your game seems really well-made thought, for it has great atmosphere! I just want to progress right now tho... So where is the key?
Spoiler below!
Are you still in the castle area? The lever in the dark room is behind a shelf against the back wall, near the floor. If you are past that part, i don't know where exactly you are and what might be causing the crash. Tongue

Also, I have an updated version of the chapter I should probably send you if you haven't gotten that far. I have been working on it a lot since the one I sent you.

04-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Find