Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS]
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: The Great Work [Ch. 2 - Seeking VOICE ACTORS]

Absolutely! I have to do another trial run and fix some voice lines and then I can send it off to you.

05-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

I'm a beta testerrrrr............................................................!

05-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

I get the hint. :3

Sent both of you a PM. Thanks for testing!

05-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

RE: The Great Work [Ch. 1+2 - DEMO RELEASED]

Attention everyone.

DEMO OF CHAPTERS 1 AND 2 IS RELEASED!

Check the front page for a download link and enjoy, and also for brand new concept art by fellow designer Crisosphinx. I'm also considering this sort of an open beta test, so if anyone has any recommendations to send me, feel free!

Also I'm still deciding whether or not to post this in Showcase. I decided early on that all seven chapters will be released together in its final version, and though i want to tease people, it's still going to be many many months for a finished version and I don't want to leave people hanging for too long.

05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

Looks very promising, but I think I will save the experience for when it's done tough. Looking forward to it! Smile

05-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Website Find
Damascus Offline

Just a short little update. My demo seems to be going well apart from one major bug that I had to fix. Thanks everyone for the good comments so far!

I've decided to split this into two threads; you can find the link to the other one on the front page. That one will be my feature page where I will advertise and promote the game, and this one will be for development updates, requests and beta tests. Sorry if it's a bit redundant but I've found more development help in this forum and a lot more interested players in the other.

I'm currently hard at work on Chapter 3, detailing my third and fourth maps and scripting the main events. Taking my time at the moment due to Criso still working on models. I must confess that building machine rooms is incredibly tedious but its coming together fairly well. My main concern at the moment is maps looking redundant due to overusing the dungeonbase set, but this should be the last Chapter where it will be very frequent. I'm also running out of music to use, so I might be looking for a composer in the future!

Well I think that's about it. I may post a demo v1.3 this month since I've been improving on scripts and smoothing out minor errors. Still would like to wait for a major update until I release a new version, though.

06-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Find
maxint33 Offline

Threads: 1

This story looks awesome so far. If you want, I'll help you with music?
06-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Yes, I would LOVE some custom music! Big Grin I'm doing chapter 3 of my story and am just about out of music to use, and I'm not even half done!

06-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Find
maxint33 Offline

Threads: 1

I'm working on another CS' music atm, but I'll contact you when I'm finished.

I make custom music for custom stories, and I'm always glad to! PM me with your preferences!
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 12:57 PM by maxint33.)
06-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

I played the demo, and I like it! Everything is extremely detailed, and you maintained a great atmosphere. The pacing was solid as well. Although... That lever. My god that was well hidden. Maybe a little too well hidden? xD

Also, one more thing. When he sees his colleague lying there smashed under boulders, he should have a little more of a reaction other then, "Whelp! Looks like she died!" Ya know? He didn't really seem effected by it.

Other then that, this is REALLY promising. I'm looking forward to this one!
06-24-2012, 02:12 AM
Find