Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
custom models
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21
custom models

hi all! so, question : how do i import a custom enemy, or texture into the amnesia editor? and.... can someone link some good enemy models? Smile
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: custom models

(03-10-2012, 08:26 PM)pandasFTW Wrote: hi all! so, question : how do i import a custom enemy, or texture into the amnesia editor? and.... can someone link some good enemy models? Smile
there is only two custom monsters in amnesia... and if you want to add more i sure hope you know how to model and animate in maya... and by importing custom models what do you mean? already made enteties or just "raw" 3d models at web sites and shit like that? because what you have to do is diffrent whit each one
03-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Website Find
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21

(03-10-2012, 10:57 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 08:26 PM)pandasFTW Wrote: hi all! so, question : how do i import a custom enemy, or texture into the amnesia editor? and.... can someone link some good enemy models? Smile
there is only two custom monsters in amnesia... and if you want to add more i sure hope you know how to model and animate in maya... and by importing custom models what do you mean? already made enteties or just "raw" 3d models at web sites and shit like that? because what you have to do is diffrent whit each one
i mean like the picture under your post, how did they import nyan cat? and how did they give the brute, the nyan cat as head?

03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(03-11-2012, 04:32 PM)pandasFTW Wrote:
i mean like the picture under your post, how did they import nyan cat? and how did they give the brute, the nyan cat as head?
that not importing 3d models... thats editing them in model editor... you will need to make a mat file in material editor whit the picture you want to add to you character... after the mat file is done open model editor... load the monster (for example the grunt) and create a bilboard whit the mat file you made... attached to one of the bones (for exaple if you want the picture to be the monsters face... you would want to attache that picture to the grunt's head bone) to attache the picture to the monster's face you need to go to "outline" and select the desired bone for the picture... that is all

ps you may also want to save the new edited monster whit a new name or you will change the original monster.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012, 06:13 PM by Danny Boy.)
03-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Website Find
johnzudeml Offline

Threads: 0

(03-11-2012, 06:11 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
that not importing 3d models... thats editing them in model editor... you will need to make a mat file in material editor whit the picture you want to add to you character... after the mat file is done open model editor... load the monster (for example the grunt) and create a bilboard whit the mat file you made... attached to one of the bones (for exaple if you want the picture to be the monsters face... you would want to attache that picture to the grunt's head bone) to attache the picture to the monster's face you need to go to "outline" and select the desired bone for the picture... that is all

ps you may also want to save the new edited monster whit a new name or you will change the original monster.

If i use this on the grunt, the billboard is already there, when the monster isnt spawned yet :c

(03-11-2012, 06:11 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:

If i use this on the grunt, the billboard is already there, when the monster isnt spawned yet :c
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 03:01 PM by johnzudeml.)
04-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

bro you are like 4 years late.
Edit: To solve your problem I would open some models in the ModelEditor to see how to properly attach billboards.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 03:11 PM by Daemian.)
04-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Locking. If you need further assistance, please start a new thread.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Find