Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Penumbra Black Plague Teaser!
GFree Offline

Threads: 5
RE: New Penumbra Black Plague Teaser!

Dogar Wrote:Dunno, maybe the sight of light just stuns them for a moment, then their eyes re-adjust to it. I'm sure Frictional will make them scary and threatening enough. Smile
I rather like this idea actually. Since the developers prefer to have the player avoid combat than engage in it, it would make sense to provide the player with the ability to get out of a nasty situation without fighting. So, like your idea suggests, maybe the player can bring out their flashlight for a moment if caught off guard, blind the enemy and run away, but can't try the same trick quite on the same enemy since they're be used to it by then.
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Well, if you blind the guy, and run away... If you see him again, you can blind him again. It's always in a dark that your eyes gets hurt, if you see bright light, if you haven't see it in a moment... Like five mins in dark and suddenly light strikes on, it hurt your eyes. Five mins in a dark and light strikes again, same happens again - your eyes gets hurt for a second or two.

12-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Website Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

I think the player will have to make that Zombie blind with his flashlight and while it can't see in the dark for a few second the player have to hide or run away.
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

I wonder if your atually safe under a light? ...err.. safe from the zombies at least. Mabey its opposite of the dogs. So if you go in the dark, you are indagered by zombies and if you go in the light, you are indangered by dogs.
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Find
piibii Offline

Threads: 4

TheCollective15 Wrote:What should they be called? Zomblights? Zombified miners?
Mr. Light? (check out the filename)
12-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

I wonder if thats what the zombie had in it's hand..
12-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Maybe that's just hole in the wall, and there's bright light comin' out of it? Even if the file name is Mr. Light.

My thought is that...

12-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Website Find
Kyton Offline

Threads: 0

Has there been any confirmation that these "zombies" even will be hostile towards the player? They might look like they just want to eat your brains, but there is a chance they actually are intelligent and have just been discarded into the mines(?) as failed experiments.

If this was the case, it would be pretty normal that someone who had been living in a damp dark place for years or even decades, was scared by seeing another human being.

And i noticed something on the video aswell.

[Image: Weirdplant.jpg?t=1198959965]

Doesn't that look a bit... twisted to be a normal potted plant?
12-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Hm, the people here seem in such an urgent need of a rational thinker - I decided to reactivate my old account and help out on the theorizing.
On the experiments (I love that name you guys figured out, really fits!) they appear very.. nude. It appears to me as if Frictional is experimenting with sexual horror, I hope just they don't overdo it (Think Mr. Friendly, Half-Lifers).
I noticed you talking about the experiment covering his face when Philip comes straight up to him and shines a light straight into his face... seriously you shouldn't have that conversation. I'm sure he's just covering his face because the light blinds him, just like any other person. Not so long ago it was made in Half Life 2: Episode Two.
About that thing he holds in his hands, I'm guessing it's an artifact similar to the one you save at only it's beaming with light. If you look at the Mr. Light picture it kind of looks like a hand is holding it.
On that plant picture above, that's pretty much what a plant looks like when you leave it for a couple o' years, but sure. It's probably infected with the "black plauge", I also noticed it looking a bit nasty at first glance.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

sexual horrer? this better not turn out to be another of those hentaiish things or i mite just go insane.
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Find