Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you like it.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love it.
80.00%
8 80.00%
Heck no, it sucks.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Penumbra Idea
lizard lips Offline

Threads: 12
RE: New Penumbra Idea

It will be on the same penumbra engine. And by the way, heres yet another hidious monstosity:[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Gpg8Uoc6r5DkvPrmEnX...Nz9A84ORSx]
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 12:55 AM by lizard lips.)
04-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Sounds like a nice idea, even if you should think about a better title. "Darkness" is way too much used and just nothing special. Wink

Greetings,
Gharren

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 12:56 AM by Gharren.)
04-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Website Find
lizard lips Offline

I know, not much of a game namer I am.
04-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I recon they would eventually go back to Penumbra and make a new title. That might be the unannounced project after A Machine For Pigs. Here's hoping.

I'm currently playing through Black Plague and in some cases I find that scarier than Amnesia. The level design, in some cases people could relate to with as it looks like a hospital, which made is scarier. Cause I doubt people live in massive castles like in Amnesia.

So something on that kinda level. Maybe like a town, bit more free roam, or maybe a factory.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
04-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Find
Zannibal Offline

Threads: 2

Are you skilled scripter that actually knows how to use HPL1? If no, the project is canselled now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's next to impossible to make custom storys with HPL1. Scripts are made to support only the games wich means a lot of work if you want your own puzzled. Or new monsters... And if I'm not fully mistaken, you're just giving ideas and stuff. So that means you'll need to find a scripter that already knows how to use this stuff and that can be extremely hard.. Unless your game idea is really, really, epic.

Sorry for being negative. Just told cruel facts. You may however, want to use Amnesia custom story stuff for making one.

Edit: just noticed that I didn't finish my message O.o weird.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 02:28 PM by Zannibal.)
04-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Find
lizard lips Offline

Crap. I thoght it was good. Have a heart Zannibal.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM by lizard lips.)
04-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

im sorry but i have to agree with the guy, this would be next to impossible to do, you need 3ds max 8 or maya 7.0 which is really hard to find and you have to know how to use hpl1 which is quite annoying and time consuming to use, but if you want to attempt to do this go ahead, im not stopping you, but it would be a huge project to complete, Best of luck to you though!

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
04-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
lizard lips Offline

Well, im not even 18. Im a high schooler. I thought that if i post my idea, i might just start the development with a new game. I love the penumbra series. I honestly don't know how long it took to make the penumbra series. Its like that dinosaur survival idea i thoght up a while ago, but as you can imagine, no matter how well details i put into it, it sucked.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 02:24 AM by lizard lips.)
04-13-2012, 02:22 AM
Find
Frankiescou Offline

Threads: 5

I think that those sketches weren't for Penumbra, they were made for a game that FG never finished.
I think it was called "Unborn" or something like that. You might wanna play the demo, and that could give you some ideas? Maybeh?

My YouTube!
Oatmeal? ARE YOU CRAZY?!
04-13-2012, 03:40 AM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I enjoyed Penumbra more than Amnesia, so I would be really happy to see a further game in Penumbra setting. I like the rusty industrial steel, the dirty walls, the mining shafts, the generator repairs and the chess based floor. And I really love the green glow stick shine.
The building complex was more scary than the castle in Amnesia. Because it has more details, more variations in design, the flickering lights also makes a very oppressive atmosphere...
Wanted to see a horror game in modern times back, the player also could use a lantern in modern times, but a flash light also is good. The puzzles in Penumbra are a further better thing compared to Amnesia.
Penumbra was the better experience at all. And they should do a new, similar game in future.
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Find