Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom story: A Morbid New Year.
R. Peters Offline

Threads: 10
Custom story: A Morbid New Year.

Hey guys, i'm new to this whole mods/custom stories business, but over the past few months i've been developing my very first custom story. As you can probably tell from the thread title it's called 'A Morbid New Year' and I have just finished it.

However, I have hit a brick wall, in the form of I don't have a damn clue how to publish it. I have never done anything like this before, but I enjoyed making this, and the finished product so much (it was initially just for fun and to share with my friends/girlfriend) that I decided to put it out there for others. So, any help appreciated: How do I publish it? From the first step please, it's completely finished, all foldered up (but not zipped or anything yet) and ready to go. I will post it on the finished products thread if/when I get it published. Thanks for any help in advance Shy

Author of: - A Morbid New Year (Also available as a full conversion).
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 07:23 AM by R. Peters.)
04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Find
ClayPigeon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Custom story: A Morbid New Year.

Well, firstly go to the Showcase section and check out how other stories are published.
People usually like to read a really well told story about the background of your custom mod, and see some pictures of the maps, rooms, enviroments so they can realize what's it all about. A video would be a really nice addition. (To create the thread click on "New Thread")
So basically it should be like:

A Morbid New Year
[BACKGROUND] So the story begins in Febuary 2nd, 1749. Daniel has prepared for the .... blah blah
[PICTURE 1]
[picture description]

[PICTURE 2]
[picture description]

More pictures

Video

Download link

So basically your thread will look nice and readable, and will pass the basic background of the story which will help people decide wheter they want to play it or not.
04-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Find
R. Peters Offline

Thanks for the help, i'm sure that'll come in useful when I post it to the showcase. Although I was also wondering about literally 'how do I put it on the internet?' Smile I know a lot of people use Moddb to upload it. Is it just an option that appears on Moddb once I get an account or what? I hate making accounts on things without knowing if there's a point first. I didn't even bother making one on here until my custom story was actually completely ready to post Tongue

04-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Find
Dewi Offline

Threads: 1

People usually use ModDB as well as an alternate uploading site, such as mediafire.com .
You should upload it in .zip format. (:

I don't really know anything about ModDB, but naturally, you'd have to sign up to create a page for your Custom Story.
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Find
R. Peters Offline

(04-12-2012, 12:57 AM)Dewi Wrote: People usually use ModDB as well as an alternate uploading site, such as mediafire.com .
You should upload it in .zip format. (:

I don't really know anything about ModDB, but naturally, you'd have to sign up to create a page for your Custom Story.

Shy Ah you lifesaver, thank you so much. I've created an account on Moddb, i'll chuck it on there and then on the showcase once i've checked its all working. Thanks for the help, should be up by saturday for anyone interested in playing it Smile

04-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Find