Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Vista 64 Black Screen
RWise232 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Vista 64 Black Screen

I downloaded and installed the Penumbra: Overture Demo, but when I came to run the game the screen goes black, then my monitor goes in to power save for a second then comes back on but nothing is displayed. The game appears to be loaded as I can hear a typing sound which I assume is from the game. There are no error messages and the game does not crash out to desktop, I have to press the windows key and open task manager to close the program.

I have had this problem with a few other games but I was able to get around it by using alt-enter to switch to window view, but this doesn't work with this program. I understand that the game can be run in a window by modifying a settings file, unfortunately the game doesn't appear to progress to a point where that settings file is created so I have nothing to modify. Is it possible for someone to post a copy of their setting file so I can create/modify my own file and copy it to the documents... folder?

My System Spec is:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Intel Core Quad Q6700
4GB Memory
Radeon HD 2900 XT (latest 7.12 Catalyst Drivers)
Dell 2407WFP 24" TFT Monitor

I have attached my hpl.log file

Any ideas why this game is not displaying correctly?

Thanks
01-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Find