Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you listen to Rap ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
35.71%
15 35.71%
no...
64.29%
27 64.29%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rap Anyone ?
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Rap Anyone ?

The only rap I've been listening to lately is TeamHeadKick on youtube. He/they do loads of raps about videogames.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
06-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Find
bored2tears Offline

Threads: 6

I dislike rap; but like every genre, there is at least a few songs that I like.

This is one of my favorites.

And of course, there are some classics that I like such as "Ice Ice Baby" and "U Can't Touch This".

Other than that, I basically hate all rap.
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

Xanatos : Thanks a lot for telling me about TeamHeadKick Big Grin , I like some of their videos .
bored2tears : Those songs are the most popular among rap , I like Jump Around but not the other 2 as much .[b]
[/b]

lol noobs
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2012, 06:59 PM by asghdrew.)
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

I dislike rap because the lyrics, melody and rythm is almost the same in every song, vulgar lyrics, passion-free singing, negative attitude against women and the police and encouraging drugs, violence and criminality.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-02-2012, 04:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I dislike rap because the lyrics, melody and rythm is almost the same in every song, vulgar lyrics, passion-free singing, negative attitude against women and the police and encouraging drugs, violence and criminality.
Nope. I discovered this a few days ago, and it goes against all the ideas and rap stereotypes you just mentioned

Give it a chance at least; listen to it all the way through before passing judgement, it's the very least I can ask Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
08-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0

Can't stand rap, R&B, country, pop, or techno. And no, I don't like any of the variations thereof either.

Yes, I like rock, metal, and classical.

No, I will not go check out underground acts of this or that just because someone thinks it will change my mind. It won't.

And yes, I am perfectly happy being a close-minded "hater".
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

(08-02-2012, 06:22 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 04:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I dislike rap because the lyrics, melody and rythm is almost the same in every song, vulgar lyrics, passion-free singing, negative attitude against women and the police and encouraging drugs, violence and criminality.
Nope. I discovered this a few days ago, and it goes against all the ideas and rap stereotypes you just mentioned

Give it a chance at least; listen to it all the way through before passing judgement, it's the very least I can ask Tongue
Now THAT IS HIP HOP !
I saw it on first day Tongue I couldn't post it here cause I was banned .
Been listening to Hopsin for a while now actually .

lol noobs
08-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Ok I'm sorry, but then how can you say that you're ok with violent video games. I bet you'd see just as much (probably a lot more actually) "encouraging" of all those acts if you played San Andreas for 30 minutes, yet I bet I'd never hear you complain about that in a million years. About it all sounding the same and having passionless lyrics, well, that's just flat out wrong. Sure if all you've heard is what they play on the radio then you'd think that, but there's a lot more than just that out there.

Posting Freak
08-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Website Find
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0

(08-02-2012, 08:17 PM)Kman Wrote:
Ok I'm sorry, but then how can you say that you're ok with violent video games. I bet you'd see just as much (probably a lot more actually) "encouraging" of all those acts if you played San Andreas for 30 minutes, yet I bet I'd never hear you complain about that in a million years. About it all sounding the same and having passionless lyrics, well, that's just flat out wrong. Sure if all you've heard is what they play on the radio then you'd think that, but there's a lot more than just that out there.
I hate the GTA games.

Violence in video games is fine as long as there a purpose to it. Of course there are exceptions to the rules, such as ridiculous cartoon violence that is there purely for comical value. However, one does not have to condemn or dislike both.

Of course there is other types out there, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a style of "music" that doesn't appeal to us. I personally don't give a damn how big your yacht is, or how many bitches you have, or how many caps your pop in my ass, or how much weed you smoke a day. I also don't give a damn if you grew up in "da hood", and that mommy and daddy weren't around enough in your life. We get it. One or even two songs is fine. But when it's every fucking song, it gets old. Oh, and yes, we know what your fucking name is. You don't have to repeat it every time you start a new song.

Like it or not, this is the face of rap. It may not be the only style that's there, but it's the style that the masses want. It's what is popular. Therefore all that underground stuff will stay that way.

I can apply much of this to country music as well. My wife listens to country, and it's all about the same crap from song to song.
08-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Quote:I personally don't give a damn how big your yacht is, or how many bitches you have, or how many caps your pop in my ass, or how much weed you smoke a day. I also don't give a damn if you grew up in "da hood", and that mommy and daddy weren't around enough in your life. We get it. One or even two songs is fine. But when it's every fucking song, it gets old.

Quote:Like it or not, this is the face of rap.

See this is what I have a problem with. You're making a massive assumption here without even knowing the genre. You said that you just don't like rap, period, and while I still find it a little rediculous to reject an entire genre of music, I can except that... Yet the way you're describing it it really doesn't sound like you know anything about the genre and are just coming to conclusions based on little evidence. Sure, if you jut turn on the radio that's all you're going to hear, but it's a way more diverse genre if you dive further into it. All I'm saying is you can't claim that "you know the face of a genre" when you refuse to listen to anything other than the mainstream crap.

Posting Freak
08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Website Find