Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILERS] Demonstration Video [1-10-08]
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
[SPOILERS] Demonstration Video [1-10-08]

http://www.gamereactor.dk/grtv/player/po...&cat=Event

You see 1 or two of the devolopers talk about the game. Narration isn't the best, and nearly no sound at all.

MAJOR BEGINNING SPOILERS in vid. They are early puzzle solutions, the main enemy, where you meet the first enemy (I believe), and several storyline spoilers.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2008, 01:39 PM by jens.)
01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Find
cheesecake Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Demonstration Video [1-10-08]

is it on youtube and in english?

edit yes its in english and on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9MFS3dEZo
01-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Wow, nice! Except the movement anim of the zombie-like thing.Tongue

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

WindexGlow Wrote:http://www.gamereactor.dk/grtv/player/po...&cat=Event

You see 1 or two of the devolopers talk about the game. Narration isn't the best, and nearly no sound at all.

MAJOR BEGINNING SPOILERS in vid. They are early puzzle solutions, the main enemy, where you meet the first enemy (I believe), and several storyline spoilers.
you silly billy it was here all along would you like clarence to take the steering weel for a will?

weird :] i like it
01-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I didn't watch it long, 'cause seems that it shows so much from the game...

01-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Website Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Woah!
Major spoilers indeed! I can't say I'm unpleased with anything yet shown about Black Plauge. Frictional Games is for sure the place I'm aiming to work at after I'm out of school.
Now some comments on the demonstration:
Spoiler below!

I, like most other people, have been stuck trying to explain what happend during Overture - and not given a single thought about how the sequel would begin.
I am really pleased with this one: after entering the "Shelter" you are knocked out and locked inside a small cell wich you have to escape. I can fully see the logic in that: a stranger breaks in, they lock him in.
The puzzles seem like quite long-shots, some of them, but very amusing. Flattening that coin looked great, and the part where the player have to deactivate power in order to proceed is a classic: it forces the player to endanger his own health.
That syringe puzzle was really great, I hope there are more of those. It really wasn't the nice puzzle you'd expect, you have to drain blood from a dead scientist.

By the way, this demonstration does bring alot of answers to the questions of Overture.
For one, Red saying "parts of my head are not my own" and now Philip have got someone inside his mind too.
Also it turns out Philips father did work in the shelter and was last seen in the library.. last seen by whom?

However, looking back Black Plauge really goes far away from my expectations. I thought I'd see the return of the hunter or some of his fleshy cousins, instead this is turning into an infection.
I love infections and viruses in videogames, though.
The only things I can complain at is the physics (Stacking a toolbox upside-down on a jug isn't realistic and when it all fell apart it looked stupid) and the animation of the zombie (Suddenly calling them Experiments doesn't feel right.. they feel more like scientists to me).

Scraper Wrote:I didn't watch it long, 'cause seems that it shows so much from the game...
It doesn't show that much, you should watch it. It shows how to break free from the first room you start in and how to solve another three-four puzzles from the first half-hour of gameplay with what comes inbetween the puzzles cut off. I watched it, and can't say I feel spoiled or anything. Got to know a few really intressting facts mostly referring to Overture, though nothing that spoiled what's going on in Black Plauge.

Here's a complete go-through of everything found out in the trailer, in case you are having problems viewing it, can't read what it sais on the screen or is watching without sound. Did it because I have nothing better to do:
Spoiler below!

• In the end of Penumbra: Overture Philip was knocked out and thrown into a makeshift prison cell.
• The cell is where the game begins, except for a possible introduction film.
• In the cell next to Philip someone is being tortured.
• You find a coin wich you flatten, then use to enter a vent. The next-gen ventilation-tool from the tech-demo?
• In the starting cell you also find a glowstick and a note saying:
"Between light and shadow, exists an *entire* world. That world is *hecessanlly* our own. Get out, Now. O."
The words with stars around are to me, unreadable.
• The guy locked in Philip's cell before him escaped and you will find notes left behind by him. The most notes are written in blood, wich sounds very similar to Assassin's Creed.
• Later the coin can be used to obtain a soda, used to turn of a ice-cold gas leak.
• There is a new waving-air effect.. but does cold really make air wave?
• The flashlight and flares will reappear quite early in the game.
• One puzzle requires the player to turn off the lights, forcing him to put himself in danger. Smart move.
• One puzzle requires the player to clean a syringe using alchohol then drain blood from a dead scientist. Now that's the kind of puzzle I want more of.
• The wallmines are only activated by a living mass, or possibly only Philip, going through it.
• There is an infection going on. Obviously. My bets are it's called the "Black Plauge".
• One puzzle requires the player to trigger the emergency alarm to get past a locked door. Sounds risky.
• There will be a tutorial - what the heck?
• A character named "Clarence" is stuck inside Philip's head similar to how someone controlled Red. Perhaps it is caused by the infection, meaning that Philip is infected or perhaps the Elevated Caste leader is telephatic.
• Philip's father Howards last known location is the library. Last known location, by who?
• Doors disappearing is queer, according to Clarence. I agree.
• Clarence seemingly can manipulate all Philip's senses (At least hearing, sight and feeling), making doors disappear for an example.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

I scrolled through it and watched thing from here and second from there. Not fully, but seems that it shows lot of answers for players of Overture.

Guy in the end of Overture and this video...
Spoiler below!
...I think that this Clarence was standing in the end of the corridor... At least, it seems so to me at this point...

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2008, 04:57 PM by Ano.)
01-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Website Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

The only things I can complain at is the physics (Stacking a toolbox upside-down on a jug isn't realistic and when it all fell apart it looked stupid) and the animation of the zombie (Suddenly calling them Experiments doesn't feel right.. they feel more like scientists to me).

i agree
01-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Scraper Wrote:I scrolled through it and watched thing from here and second from there. Not fully, but seems that it shows lot of answers for players of Overture.

Guy in the end of Overture and this video...
Spoiler below!
...I think that this Clarence was standing in the end of the corridor... At least, it seems so to me at this point...
Hm, I can't find any relation inbetween them?
In the entrance of the Shelter two fully material people ambush you and knock you out, then one of them spooks into your head?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

RE: [SPOILERS] Demonstration Video [1-10-08]

For example, who shutted the door after you entered the last corridor? There was no one comin' after you, and there was no doors where he could come. Could it be Clarence? He made you believe that someone shutted it... It's my thought however.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM by Ano.)
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Website Find