Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Fear Night!
Boffcheese Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Fear Night!

(04-30-2012, 08:14 PM)Le0nLP Wrote: I have to say that this story was one of the scariest ive ever played! Im a german lets player and here is the first part of my lets play of this map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al7NeV1q9xk
I found your video when I got stuck at the beginning trying to find the second key xD Thank you for your help. I don't speak much German, but I wish I'd tried harder in school because you seem like a really entertaining Let's Player Smile

OT:

Quite a good cs. There weren't many flying naked guys, and the teleporting monsters and bodies were just enough to keep me on my toes and not too much that I got used to them.

A few little niggles though:

The notes could do with some spelling/grammar checks and neatening up a bit. They could do with some separate names as well, but these are just cosmetic things.

Someone mentioned the door issue, as in there isn't one when you go through it. Again, cosmetic, doesn't detract from the game.

Yeh, I enjoyed this cs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brcLHl-7EdA
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM by Boffcheese.)
05-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

SHlould u make more storys???
I think u have to make some more progress and less stupid cheap jumpscares..
For the rest,
i can see u have some potention for building.. make more progress and u will
give us better Customs storys..
05-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
joshzilla Offline

From what I read, it seems like a decent story.
I will download this one and give it a try.
Tongue
05-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Find
WookieMang Offline

Threads: 3

Some of your scares are very forced from what I played around with
Otherwise im guessing this was sort of a non serious project but it did scare me in a couple places

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
05-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Find
CrazyCraftR Offline

Man.. It was one of the scariest maps I ever played xD

Here's my Let's Play:

Edit: Don't edit my comment as you did two times before.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 04:18 PM by CrazyCraftR.)
08-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

*Sigh*
I honestly have no idea why mods like these are so well received. There is literally no story, no atmosphere, and sub-par mapping filled with jumpscares that make absolutely no sense; how can people like it? It saddens me to see that the overall quality of modding has dropped so much. People say things like "zomg best mod evr!!1!<3<3" about this mod and others like it, which makes me think they've never even heard of or played the original game.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
Gaviao Offline

(04-30-2012, 01:14 PM)lukasozelt Wrote: U know what i like? i like storys where around every corner a scare comes. i hope this is a map like this.
hehe we are 2 =)
08-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

The pictures turned me off more than imagining Stephen Hawking naked.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Wow. . .
Um, this wasn't very good. The state of progression for this custom story was like many others: that being rather shitty.
The mapping was pretty amateur, but not all together bad. Many noises and events seemed 'out of place' to just dumb. Enemy encounters also left quite a bit to be desired - an unfortunately usual occurrence in material found these days.

Just know that although it appears that not all others here agree with me; scares are so much more than just cheap thrills. What would you find scarier? A sudden, but quick flash of what might have been a monster accompanied by a loud shriek. Or waking up late at night to find your door open a crack: a shadowed hand gripping the door-frame - making way for a head to poke through; it's white eyes trained on you? (This actually happened to me as a child, though it turned out to be my dad. Due to his disorder he didn't realize that he was frightening the fuck out of me.)
08-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
MaGicBush Offline

(08-09-2012, 09:40 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 08:32 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: *Sigh*
I honestly have no idea why mods like these are so well received. There is literally no story, no atmosphere, and sub-par mapping filled with jumpscares that make absolutely no sense; how can people like it? It saddens me to see that the overall quality of modding has dropped so much. People say things like "zomg best mod evr!!1!<3<3" about this mod and others like it, which makes me think they've never even heard of or played the original game.
I have a theory that the people who praise these maps have memory loss, as they seem to say every one like these are the best custom stories ever and scariest ever etc. And I think it's due to people being nice and just being retarded 99% of the time.
I am new to the community and have to agree, these types of mods are everywhere and the same. I just finished the original game and it is so much better than this it's crazy. I understand it takes a long time to produce something of that quality, but a nice storyline goes a long way in scares..
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 02:05 AM by MaGicBush.)
08-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Find