Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Lovecraft Maps?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Lovecraft Maps?

(05-29-2012, 01:38 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Really? The boat scene is impossible? I'm glad that I gave up on that then, because I wasn't aware of any fan patches.
Spoiler below!
No, the sequence I am referring to is when Devil's Reef caves in after killing Mother Hydra. I believe due to an error in the programming the movement speed is tied in some way to your system's performance, so if you have less than optimal hardware you just can't beat it. I'm not sure about that but in any case the final scene gives everybody problems; it's unfortunate that such a great game had to have such a big anticlimax ending due to budgetary constraints.

The fan patch in question is an easily found .exe file that is thankfully super easy to use. You just need to select the game .exe through a built in browse feature, adjust the variables you wish to adjust (movement speed, reload speed, reload damage, falling damage - basically everything) and it has some cheats as well such as god mode which is also very useful in the ending.
05-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(05-29-2012, 02:14 PM)Bridge Wrote: and it has some cheats as well such as god mode which is also very useful in the ending.
True, you could use god mode to help in the end, but what happens when they sense you using a cheat and activate counter cheats Tongue .
05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-29-2012, 03:01 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 02:14 PM)Bridge Wrote: and it has some cheats as well such as god mode which is also very useful in the ending.
True, you could use god mode to help in the end, but what happens when they sense you using a cheat and activate counter cheats Tongue .
God mode is a built-in feature for almost every game that can be useful in debugging and playtesting I imagine. It's left in usually as an easter egg or to increase replayability, and activating it is usually just as simple as giving it a boolean argument, like "god mode 1", in the console or an .ini file. I don't think DCotE has a console but I am certain it's a native feature, so it isn't really a cheat according to the game (not that any games check for cheats anyway; I've never heard of a counter cheat).
05-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(05-29-2012, 03:07 PM)Bridge Wrote:
God mode is a built-in feature for almost every game that can be useful in debugging and playtesting I imagine. It's left in usually as an easter egg or to increase replayability, and activating it is usually just as simple as giving it a boolean argument, like "god mode 1", in the console or an .ini file. I don't think DCotE has a console but I am certain it's a native feature, so it isn't really a cheat according to the game (not that any games check for cheats anyway; I've never heard of a counter cheat).
True, I understand that god mode was used by the developers. I just thought it would be funny if, after debugging and testing was done, they threw in a secret counter cheat commands for the monsters.
05-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(05-29-2012, 03:40 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
True, I understand that god mode was used by the developers. I just thought it would be funny if, after debugging and testing was done, they threw in a secret counter cheat commands for the monsters.
It would lol. I remember reading about this game where you can't save scum when gambling. Basically what would happen is if you made a save before betting and tried to load it after losing, the other character would accuse you of cheating in-game and delete your save (just hilarious).
05-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(05-29-2012, 04:51 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(05-29-2012, 03:40 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
It would lol. I remember reading about this game where you can't save scum when gambling. Basically what would happen is if you made a save before betting and tried to load it after losing, the other character would accuse you of cheating in-game and delete your save (just hilarious).
LOL now that's funny! Whoever made that game did a great job of having that in it Big Grin
05-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

I am kinda eager to remake a huge part of Innsmouth in The Elder Sign: The Asylum, though I must really know if interactove NPC's are 100% possible.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

(07-02-2012, 03:14 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I am kinda eager to remake a huge part of Innsmouth in The Elder Sign: The Asylum, though I must really know if interactove NPC's are 100% possible.
I just got an idea, why haven't anyone made a "mouth" crosshair like you can make an area and then have the mouth as a "talk" crosshair so you can use that when you want to talk to a NPC Smile

07-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-02-2012, 03:30 PM)SilentStriker Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 03:14 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I am kinda eager to remake a huge part of Innsmouth in The Elder Sign: The Asylum, though I must really know if interactove NPC's are 100% possible.
I just got an idea, why haven't anyone made a "mouth" crosshair like you can make an area and then have the mouth as a "talk" crosshair so you can use that when you want to talk to a NPC Smile
That would be neat... though I wonder what would happen when you tried that on a Grunt?
07-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(07-04-2012, 05:05 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 03:30 PM)SilentStriker Wrote: I just got an idea, why haven't anyone made a "mouth" crosshair like you can make an area and then have the mouth as a "talk" crosshair so you can use that when you want to talk to a NPC Smile
That would be neat... though I wonder what would happen when you tried that on a Grunt?
Any potential interaction involving a Grunt and your mouth is something to be avoided at all costs
07-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Find