Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange graphical bugs (video included)
undying Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Strange graphical bugs (video included)

I have the same bug with textures like i do in penumbra overture. They seem to change when light hits them or when i move my sight. I have an ati hd 2600 pro. Latest drivers. Still this bug. I disabled catalyst a.i. and post effects and still there is no improvement. Is there anything that can be done to correct this. i have catalyst 8.1.

I've uploaded a youtube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFDZDmCrMFU

My system is :

CPU Pentium D 820 @ 2.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock 775 Dual-Vsta
Memory 2 x 512 DDR2 Kingston @ 667MHz
VGA Ati HD 2600 Pro 256mb DDR3 @ 600/1400 MHz
Sound Creative Audigy Player

Will you fix this problem for the full version of the game ?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 04:15 PM by SirRaven.)
02-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange graphical bugs (video included)

Sorry for the late reply. We have had problems with HD cards for Overture and we are looking into this.

EDIT: Does this happen on Low and Medium shader quality too? And what happens if you turn off post effects?
02-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Find
undying Offline

Thomas Wrote:Sorry for the late reply. We have had problems with HD cards for Overture and we are looking into this.

EDIT: Does this happen on Low and Medium shader quality too? And what happens if you turn off post effects?

I tried setting everything to low or off and i even set off the post effect. Still the same texture bug. The youtube video was made using everything on high and AA 4x. I have tried everything , even the omega drivers. There is a difference. Some textures were repaired, but others were corrupted , overall no actual improvement.I just don't know what to do.
02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

We have been looking into the problems with HD cards before but have not really made any progress even though we have been in contact with ATI a little. Will give it another shot and our mac / linux porter Edward is also looking into it. Hopefully we can come up with some solution soon!
02-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Find
undying Offline

Thomas Wrote:We have been looking into the problems with HD cards before but have not really made any progress even though we have been in contact with ATI a little. Will give it another shot and our mac / linux porter Edward is also looking into it. Hopefully we can come up with some solution soon!

Ive just seen something in the room before the messhall, the one with the windows with light coming through them, the textures with light on them were fine, but the ones with shadows were corrupt. Maybe this will give a hint.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2008, 11:31 PM by SirRaven.)
02-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Find
browniehead05 Offline

Threads: 0

just registered so i could post this. I am having problems with decal textures like bloody paw and hand prints flickering in and out and blood trails disappearing. I have an ati x1650 pro and can play most game on pretty good settings with descent frame rate but this game seems to hog. im running on medium settings with like 30 fps but can play cod 4 on high with 40-45 fps. I didnt have any problem with the first game.
02-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Find
burbble Offline

browniehead05 Wrote:just registered so i could post this. I am having problems with decal textures like bloody paw and hand prints flickering in and out and blood trails disappearing. I have an ati x1650 pro and can play most game on pretty good settings with descent frame rate but this game seems to hog. im running on medium settings with like 30 fps but can play cod 4 on high with 40-45 fps. I didnt have any problem with the first game.

I have almost the exact same video card (XT instead of Pro) and had the same problem with drivers after version 7.11. Downgrading to 7.11 may be a temporary fix for the graphical problems (thread: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1683) until the developers can figure out why the ATI drivers are so broken.

If you look back at Overture, do you see similar graphical problems?

- Luke
02-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Find
soloreaper Offline

Has anyone tried the omega drivers to see if there is any difference id try it but im at work right now ill give it a try when i go home tonight. Try running it in compatiblity modes to see if its just the driver or what.
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Find
krasny Offline

Threads: 0

Hi everyone, I am from Russia. I have the same problem. I am using Catalyst 8.2, WinXP sp2, MSI HD 3870x2.
02-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Find
Adept
Unregistered

krasny Wrote:Hi everyone, I am from Russia. I have the same problem. I am using Catalyst 8.2, WinXP sp2, MSI HD 3870x2.
Привет, земляк! Smile I have that problem too on my HD3870.
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM