Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I'm in the middle of an argument with a pirate. Anyone want to help?
Iron Alpha Offline

Threads: 1
I'm in the middle of an argument with a pirate. Anyone want to help?

Hey, guys. I was hoping you could help me with a stupid fight I've been in on youtube for the past couple of days. The video is "Top Ten Scariest Free Games" And some guy asked why the uploader didn't include Penumbra on the list. (He didn't say which one. Just "Penumbra.")
I told him it wasn't on the list because it was not free. Then he said it was free for two years, and he got it free in the Humble Indie Bundle. He also said it was the game, NOT the source.
This isn't true, right? The game is obviously not free, and the Humble Bundle isn't either. I'd like someone here to support my argument, assuming I'm right.
05-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: I'm in the middle of an argument with a pirate. Anyone want to help?

I heard that The Humble Indie Bundle is "Pay as much as you want."-ware, so technically it's not free. There might also be a base price. Search for it on Wikipedia.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Whats the big deal?

Arguing over Youtube is a waste of time, i'm sure theres better things to be getting on with?

[Image: luv.gif]
05-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

There was at one time a Penumbra tech demo before the game came out, which was free. With the Humble Indie Bundle you used to be able to pay as low as a penny (I think it's changed now), but that's seen as a pretty low move if you can afford to pay higher. I agree that it's pretty pointless to try and argue with those over youtube though. That part of the internet tends to have more irrational, for lack of a better term, morons than a lot of places. As Mark Twain once said:
Quote: "Do not argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

[Image: 4221133_700b_v1.jpg]

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Iron Alpha Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah, I've ended that argument. I did the research, I'm right. Big deal.

Thanks for the help, and the sarcasm. I do have something better to do actually. Play Amnesia.

Thanks again.
06-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3

(05-17-2012, 10:40 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I heard that The Humble Indie Bundle is "Pay as much as you want."-ware, so technically it's not free. There might also be a base price. Search for it on Wikipedia.
I'm positive that it's $1.00, the money is split into different categories: (Developers, Charity, Humble Bundle), and sub-categories: (Each of the games and each of the charities)

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

06-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

Maybe the guy was heartless enough to pay 1 cent and call it free...
06-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Find