Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here!
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Penumbra: Black Plague Demo - Download Here!

Jackpot I am sure it is not a glitch. When it happened to me I heared some strange sound. And when something hit those big doors from the other side I heard that sound again.
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Find
Dellington Offline

Threads: 2

I thought it was great. You guys have suceeded at creating a great atmosphere. The puzzles are good, the lack of weapons makes it even scarier. After I played it through I spent a good few minutes throwing things at the guy but he never died Sad

Can't wait to play the full game.

Also i see you've put 1680 x 1050 in the options, thanks Smile
02-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Something is obviously wrong; no one has said 'no' yet. Normally there's at least one in every 10 who goes "lol im guna say no 2 piss tem off1!"

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Everyone likes it, obviously.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Find
derailed Offline

Threads: 1

yep, what's not to like?

I really wish they'd do another one after this though. hopefully their next game will be something .. similar, like also a horror/adventure thing. or at least something that brings the physics/interactivity to 'the next level'
02-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Just read the last page: on that ventilation thing - how can you honestly thing it's a glitch?
Pretty nothing in a FPS game code can cause random jumpings. Seriously, the head shakes and there is a neat sound effect.
It's just Clarence.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
02-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I don't get this. I played the demo, but I didn't see some of the things that you guys are mentioning.

Spoiler below!
One thing is Grey. I saw someone with a flashlight, but no one talked to me. I wasn't able to see him.
The only computer I saw when at the extreme end. Did you guys do something I didn't?
02-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Find
vorob Offline

Threads: 5

Demo solution Smile) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItqyKh2_saw
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I don't get this. I played the demo, but I didn't see some of the things that you guys are mentioning.

Spoiler below!
One thing is Grey. I saw someone with a flashlight, but no one talked to me. I wasn't able to see him.
The only computer I saw when at the extreme end. Did you guys do something I didn't?
Grey is the zombie. When you hear someone coming its him, with a flashlight, looking for you. He only speaks when he's close to you.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
02-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Find
Gyne Offline

Threads: 5

I've played through the demo and, like when I played Overture, I'm very impressed and so I'm very excited about playing the full game. I liked how this demo gave one a good idea of what the game-play is like, even including interaction with enemies. The voices and the flash-lights add a nice "human" feel--not so much like a computer but a real opponent. It's scares me quite a bit, especially with the amount of variety in their actions. The graphics are superb, handling objects is deridingly better.

I hope you will continue to use this games engine. I think it's perfect. Great work.
02-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Website Find