Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Story Writer
FlyingFruitcake Offline

Threads: 4
Story Writer

Hi,

I am working on a outdoor map, but since I am a beginner, I want to try something more easy first. I would like to have a story with an indoor environment. I can design the map and script the map, but I am a horrible story writer. So I wondered if anyone could write me a story?

If anyone can, please send me a message.

-TFF

Always watch your back...
05-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Story Writer

Aliens are abducting the cows, herd them inside your house. Use crowbar to protect cows, and use human relatives as shields.

On a more serious note, can we have some more descriptions other than "I need a story"? Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012, 08:15 PM by Rapture.)
05-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

"It was a warm summer's night as OP was typing his need for a story into the Frictional Games forum. It was quiet, too quiet. A faint moaning was heard from his kitchen, and he quickly sprang into action! He removed the emergency chest out of under his bed and pulled out an oil lantern and 5 tinderboxes. He moved closer to his door. Upon grabbing the handle, the door broke into millions of tiny pieces, accompanied by the strange scream of what he could best identify as the iron maiden sound. On the other side of the door stood something quite strange, OP couldn't believe his eyes! It was a small golden statue; on the front was a name engraved: 'Stefano'. He put the small golden statue in his inventory, and continued down stairs into his kitchen.

The house was pitch black. Suddenly, a voice echoed from inside OP's inventory, it was a fake french accent! 'OP u idjit, it wuz barelz! <3', OP ignored the strange talking golden statue, and continued into his kitchen. Upon reaching for the light switch, a naked man appeared out of nowhere, flying 30 mph towards OP's face, genitals first! The same scream the breaking door made accompanied it. It immediately vanished on impact. OP thought to himself: 'Is this real life? or this just a fantasy?'

Once OP used his tinderbox to turn on the kitchen light, OP was greeted with a horrendous sight: A small, dead pig making love to another dead pig. 'Hai guise lol i r snake' said the pig. OP paid it no mind, and continued walking through the kitchen. Without notice, a brute monster from Amnesia appeared 3 feet from OP and instantly killed him. The end."

(If you use that story, you need to credit me.)

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012, 08:29 PM by Adny.)
05-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

(05-22-2012, 08:28 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: "It was a warm summer's night as OP was typing his need for a story into the Frictional Games forum. It was quiet, too quiet. A faint moaning was heard from his kitchen, and he quickly sprang into action! He removed the emergency chest out of under his bed and pulled out an oil lantern and 5 tinderboxes. He moved closer to his door. Upon grabbing the handle, the door broke into millions of tiny pieces, accompanied by the strange scream of what he could best identify as the iron maiden sound. On the other side of the door stood something quite strange, OP couldn't believe his eyes! It was a small golden statue; on the front was a name engraved: 'Stefano'. He put the small golden statue in his inventory, and continued down stairs into his kitchen.

The house was pitch black. Suddenly, a voice echoed from inside OP's inventory, it was a fake french accent! 'OP u idjit, it wuz barelz! <3', OP ignored the strange talking golden statue, and continued into his kitchen. Upon reaching for the light switch, a naked man appeared out of nowhere, flying 30 mph towards OP's face, genitals first! The same scream the breaking door made accompanied it. It immediately vanished on impact. OP thought to himself: 'Is this real life? or this just a fantasy?'

Once OP used his tinderbox to turn on the kitchen light, OP was greeted with a horrendous sight: A small, dead pig making love to another dead pig. 'Hai guise lol i r snake' said the pig. OP paid it no mind, and continued walking through the kitchen. Without notice, a brute monster from Amnesia appeared 3 feet from OP and instantly killed him. The end."

^^^^ made me laugh.

05-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Find
FlyingFruitcake Offline

Threads: 4

(05-22-2012, 08:20 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Alexander (you can change the name) has recently woken from a coma, however he has been experiencing side effects such as dizziness and an irrational fear of the dark. Upon awakening he and a friend travel into an old ruined castle to explore it and research the history of the place for a study they are writing. When travelling into the depths of the castle though, Alexander loses his friend and tries to search for him, unknowingly travelling deeper into the depths of the castle than many have in years. Folklore claims that the depths were home to twisted creatures, created by years of torture that only seek vengeance - and the years of living in the dark turned them from humans into immortal monsters, not knowing any light, curious of it. Alexander is hunted through the depths by these creatures, and upon finding a mutilated body, assumes it to be the body of his friend and succumbs to madness, joining these creatures upon their hunt of the unwary and curious traveller.

Very basic and average but should work for the less experienced custom story maker, as well as suiting the nature of the amnesia monsters/environments.
I like this one, I think I am going to use this. Credits to you ofcourse Wink

(05-22-2012, 08:41 PM)Leeeyam Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 08:28 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: "It was a warm summer's night as OP was typing his need for a story into the Frictional Games forum. It was quiet, too quiet. A faint moaning was heard from his kitchen, and he quickly sprang into action! He removed the emergency chest out of under his bed and pulled out an oil lantern and 5 tinderboxes. He moved closer to his door. Upon grabbing the handle, the door broke into millions of tiny pieces, accompanied by the strange scream of what he could best identify as the iron maiden sound. On the other side of the door stood something quite strange, OP couldn't believe his eyes! It was a small golden statue; on the front was a name engraved: 'Stefano'. He put the small golden statue in his inventory, and continued down stairs into his kitchen.

^^^^ made me laugh.

Haha, made me laugh too!
But I want a more serious story haha

(05-22-2012, 08:14 PM)Rapture Wrote: Aliens are abducting the cows, herd them inside your house. Use crowbar to protect cows, and use human relatives as shields.

On a more serious note, can we have some more descriptions other than "I need a story"? Smile
I want a story that is kinda different than other stories. I don't want a "you wake up in a castle and you can't remember anything" story. Not with too many super special events, but npt as boring as just looking for keys. I like a story that takes place in the past.

Always watch your back...
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2012, 09:04 PM by FlyingFruitcake.)
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43

Well i could try to make a story for you what kind of style and how would you like the story to be in general. Smile

do you want it to be in a diffrent kind of location?
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 02:35 PM by wolfmaster1231.)
05-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(05-22-2012, 08:20 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Alexander (you can change the name) has recently woken from a coma, however he has been experiencing side effects such as dizziness and an irrational fear of the dark. Upon awakening he and a friend travel into an old ruined castle to explore it and research the history of the place for a study they are writing. When travelling into the depths of the castle though, Alexander loses his friend and tries to search for him, unknowingly travelling deeper into the depths of the castle than many have in years. Folklore claims that the depths were home to twisted creatures, created by years of torture that only seek vengeance - and the years of living in the dark turned them from humans into immortal monsters, not knowing any light, curious of it. Alexander is hunted through the depths by these creatures, and upon finding a mutilated body, assumes it to be the body of his friend and succumbs to madness, joining these creatures upon their hunt of the unwary and curious traveller.

Very basic and average but should work for the less experienced custom story maker, as well as suiting the nature of the amnesia monsters/environments.
Casual friend: "oh, sup dude"

Alexander: "woah!, i just woke up from a coma dude!"

Casual friend: "wow, cool. wanna casually explore an abandoned castle for no apparent reason?"

Alexander: "alright, sounds cool, we'll probably get lost or somethin tho."

Casual friend: "yeh, probs, but YOLO bro!"

no offense, but that story makes very little sense to me..

how the hell can someone awake from a coma after god knows how long, and suddently realizing he has schoolwork to do.

WHY would they specifically enter an old ruined castle, which actually isnt ruined, its only old, and then casually walking here and there and getting lost and separated from eachother, without doing anything that relates to studying.

i mean, its a story, yeah; but this is the sort of MEGA-CLICHÉ story that you would know like the back of your thumb.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 03:23 PM by Mine Turtle.)
05-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

(05-24-2012, 03:16 PM)darkadders Wrote:

Casual friend: "oh, sup dude"

Alexander: "woah!, i just woke up from a coma dude!"

Casual friend: "wow, cool. wanna casually explore an abandoned castle for no apparent reason?"

Alexander: "alright, sounds cool, we'll probably get lost or somethin tho."

Casual friend: "yeh, probs, but YOLO bro!"

no offense, but that story makes very little sense to me..

how the hell can someone awake from a coma after god knows how long, and suddently realizing he has schoolwork to do.

WHY would they specifically enter an old ruined castle, which actually isnt ruined, its only old, and then casually walking here and there and getting lost and separated from eachother, without doing anything that relates to studying.

i mean, its a story, yeah; but this is the sort of MEGA-CLICHÉ story that you would know like the back of your thumb.
they got sucked out. And some people like castles. But that, what he did, is a story that i used. Only more proffesion and it's a TROLL STORY >:*

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
05-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Find