Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Looking for Jump Scare Stories
Nexum Offline

Threads: 1
Looking for Jump Scare Stories

My friend and I wanted to play some custom stories that will just scare the shit out of us, rather than long stories, we're just looking for the "cheap jump scare" stories. If you could, link to the thread and that'd be nice. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Well-put together stories are nice too, rather than the 7 year old story creator that thinks turning every corner is a good idea to add a monster chasing you.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 06:14 AM by Nexum.)
05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Looking for Jump Scare Stories

I am confuz.

Your original statement and your edit completely contradict each other; there is no such thing as a "well put together" jump scare map. For the record, jump scares aren't scary, they're funny; they are the thing that 2 seconds afterwards you laugh at yourself. Real scares make you wanna throw your computer out the window because you're too terrified to move on. Quite frankly, jump scare maps are a waste of Amnesia's resources.

If you want a custom story that inspires true fear and that is extremely, as you said, "well-put together", play Followed by Death Chapters 1 & 2, you will not be disappointed, that's a guarantee.

On the other hand,

If you're hell bent on contributing to the degradation of this community, my helpful nature demands that I must "suggest" house of creep and baldo's discovery. (I hate myself.)

I rate it 3 memes.
05-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

You have a horrible taste in custom stories. I bet you're one of those 14-year-old idiots that goes "OMG amnesia so funneee LOLLOLool, ´theee monstars a cute!!!" The creators of those custom stories are nothing but hogs in god's wine yard, maggots that feed on the tree of knowledge and leave ignorance and disease.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

You are not going to find any well put together jumpscare stories, they simply don't exist.
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(05-30-2012, 03:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: You are not going to find any well put together jumpscare stories, they simply don't exist.
Your post made me think of this meme...
Spoiler below!
[Image: DdX.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
05-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

Dead Space.
Much more jumpscares are in that game and it is well put together. Also, in case you havent noticed, *whispers
not very many people like jumpscare maps, so good luck finding someone who promotes them.

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM by xPICKLEMONSTER.)
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

His first post.... This community is crumbling because of your great welcomes.
No seriously, you should suggest him something else and refraining to behave like such morons (Yes it's my opinion). Really. Welcome other people and try to speak at them without making them think it's a community of barbarians. Please. If someone wants "good" jump scares custom stories just link them one... Ahh the internet...

listen to boards of canada
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Website Find
Posting Freak

(05-30-2012, 06:45 PM)Hardarm Wrote: His first post.... This community is crumbling because of your great welcomes.
No seriously, you should suggest him something else and refraining to behave like such morons (Yes it's my opinion). Really. Welcome other people and try to speak at them without making them think it's a community of barbarians. Please. If someone wants "good" jump scares custom stories just link them one... Ahh the internet...
andyrockin123 suggested Followed By Death. Did you actually read his post? Dodgy

05-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Yes I have. I have disliked this attitude:

"If you're hell bent on contributing to the degradation of this community, my helpful nature demands that I must "suggest" house of creep and baldo's discovery. (I hate myself.)"

Above all this:
"You have a horrible taste in custom stories. I bet you're one of those 14-year-old idiots that goes "OMG amnesia so funneee LOLLOLool, ´theee monstars a cute!!!" The creators of those custom stories are nothing but hogs in god's wine yard, maggots that feed on the tree of knowledge and leave ignorance and disease."

No really please.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM by Hardarm.)
05-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Website Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I'm not going to give my side of the jump-scare debate, because nobody cares about what I have to say and they refuse to understand it anyway and that does not bother me at all, but that is a discussion that will get me off-topic. In the nicest way possible, which anyway I say this will arouse anger. All I want to ask is for everyone to consider this:

Don't Play The Maps If You Don't like them.

Think what you may of it.

I apologize to the OP, since I cannot assist him in finding one of those well-constructed scare maps (I have only played one in my entire ownership of the game)

Insanity. Static.
05-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Find