Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoiler]strange artifact in black plague
SoulviruS Offline

Threads: 1
[spoiler]strange artifact in black plague

Hey Yesterday i finished black plague demo and found a strange artifact on the end of the demo,anybody else noticed it???

it kind looked like a statue
02-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: [spoiler]strange artifact in black plague

SoulviruS Wrote:Hey Yesterday i finished black plague demo and found a strange artifact on the end of the demo,anybody else noticed it???

it kind looked like a statue
yes i did notice it maybye its a easter egg?
02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Find
SoulviruS Offline

YEH the sound,and in the inventory says...''some sort of collectors item''...,maybe there will be more to collect?
it looks very strange though

also in the very first vent where you escape the cell where you see gray lying down you kind go back don't you??

it look odd i though it was a glicth or something
02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

If you notice, the vents suddenly become smaller. That's one of the illusions ;-)

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Aye!
Now I'm not the best man in the world to tell if you're joking or not, because I can't hear if your voices are sarcastic, but you better be.

Have none of you played Overture?
That artefact is a save point. Whenever Philip touches one he "leaves" a part of himself inside it, saving his process. Go to the Overture forum and read through some of the threads, I think we had one specifically for the artefact where we speculated about it giving immortality to the users.
Nothing else of them is known, nor their origins, but they are likely to come from somewhere inside the mine and will probably not be explained.

WindexGlow Wrote:If you notice, the vents suddenly become smaller. That's one of the illusions ;-)
The vents become smaller? All I noticed is that you're warped back.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Find
SoulviruS Offline

No this artifact is in the end of black plague demo in the kitchen on one of the closets,check the top shelves its different and you can collect it and goes directly to your inventory,the one you're talking about apeared in overture and appears on black plgue too but it is on the room right before you meet gray...this one looks like a weird statue with a red face.

yeh you re warped back in the vent guess is one of the ''doors might not be real''except it is with the vent,if it happends with the vent maybe it will happend in more situations that don't involve doors??
02-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

Maybe that artefact is easter egg or some bonus item. Maybe if you find them all in the full game then you get candy!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2008, 11:40 AM by packz.)
02-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Find
str1990 Offline

Threads: 4

I noticed that the artefact cannot be picked from the inventory to be used with an object outside the inventory... ok the explaining was crap Big Grin hope you understood Smile
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Kedjane Wrote:Aye!
Now I'm not the best man in the world to tell if you're joking or not, because I can't hear if your voices are sarcastic, but you better be.

Have none of you played Overture?
That artefact is a save point. Whenever Philip touches one he "leaves" a part of himself inside it, saving his process. Go to the Overture forum and read through some of the threads, I think we had one specifically for the artefact where we speculated about it giving immortality to the users.
Nothing else of them is known, nor their origins, but they are likely to come from somewhere inside the mine and will probably not be explained.

WindexGlow Wrote:If you notice, the vents suddenly become smaller. That's one of the illusions ;-)
The vents become smaller? All I noticed is that you're warped back.
no its a different artifact it goes into your inventory
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Oh. It looks like a meditating man.
I'm guessing it's going to be a normal "pick-it-up now and get bonus material later".
By the way, what have you guys done in the compuer room? You can be in there for a while and turn on the computer for one.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Find