Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Whispers
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Whispers

An evil developer came up to him and said "script.//die". That's how I think he died.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Maybe he slipped on his way out of the vent and hit the floor with his head. Or he was bleeding and barely made it to the Tripmines

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

I dont know what killed him but I am sure he is NOT infected with Tuurngait Virus because "only trusted blood can get trough".
02-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Klayman Wrote:"only trusted blood can get trough".
I've been wondering about that for some time now. Does it actually mean "non-infected", which would imply that Philip himself contracted the tuurngait virus, or does it check for specific persons?
I'm not totally sure about this, but I think the latter would be easier, technically.

02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Good point. Mabey Philip is infected...
02-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Find
Janakev Offline

Threads: 1

It's an interesting question. Behind the doors is the mess hall and one of the doors inside that is locked. Does it lead deeper into the compound. If so, then I agree with Thaliur; it was most likely used to restrict access to those who were authorised.
However, it could be that the mechanism was used when it became clear the infection could not be contained and so the most vital parts of the facility were locked against those already infected.

As to how the scientist died, well I have one idea. I've just played through the start (sidenote: I too heard "help me") again. Notice in the ventilation shaft all the notes and arrows are in red and coming into the last section there are two splotches of blood on the bottom of it.
I think Oswald was bleeding and using his blood to write the notes and leave the trail. He was probably delirious from the blood-loss and, not realising the severity of his situation, thought he could honestly make it out.
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM
Find
Deamonicus Offline

Scraper Wrote:
nackidno Wrote:Did anyone notice that when you walk past the dead corpse (by the bombs) someone whispers "Help me...". Is the dead talking or am i just plain crazy? :O

I noticed that too!

jep me too, so we are 4 now ^^, i thought me might wuz still alive a bit.
And my favorite scene is "wuz there a door, it was there all the time , muahahaha " ^^

Juggalo 4 Lif3 !!
To all children of the night, stay diffrent!
02-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Find
Katana Offline

Threads: 1

Heh, playing around some in the sound-files and found this/these (editing my post when i find new ones).

Paradox Interactive\Penumbra Black Plague\redist\sounds\horror

horror_4_22.ogg, play it backwards and he says in swedish (english)
Akta dig lite lilla flicka, det är farligt
Akta dig lite lilla pojke det är farligt
Akta dig lite stålmannen, det är farligt
Akta dig lite mamma..

(Watch out little girl, its dangerous
Watch out little boy, its dangerous
Watch out superman, its dangerous
Watch out mother..)

horror_whisper_messhall1.ogg, play it backwards and he says in swedish (english)
"ja det vet inte jag men det kanske vet du det är en gammal film som kom för länge länge senare svartvitt och det är lite [...]""
(i dont know that but maybe you do it is an old movie that came a long long time ago black and white and it is a bit[...]")

Translation on the last one is a bit f*cked up, hard to translate because even when it is in swedish the grammar is all weird Tongue
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Find
Doffy90 Offline

Threads: 10

Maybe Philip was infected? He was, he says so himself.

PenumbrA

Pen = Pretty
Bra = Good

Norwegian version. :)
02-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Doffy90 Wrote:Maybe Philip was infected? He was, he says so himself.
I think Clarence could be considered proof of Philip's infection. Or "infiltration" ^^

02-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Find