Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Voice actor needed.(adult male)
pontusry Offline

Threads: 10
Voice actor needed.(adult male)

I need a voice actor for my custom story "Aaron's Travels" and want someone to voice act an uncle at the age of 40-50.

It's a lot of text, and I obviously need the same person for each note written by the uncle. So if you want to voice act this, please send me the file for each note, and if you are insecure about which of each note is the best; feel free to send me more than one of your voice acting attempts.

BTW: I prefer someone with excellent english, but I'm fine with anything as long as it sounds credible.

Note 1:

Spoiler below!
28th of May, 1677. The serum is getting on my nerves, it's still not working properly. More and more people are missing everyday, all because of me. I need to test it on someone of course, but I never thought I'd fail this much.

Note 2:

Spoiler below!
30th of May, 1677. People are knocking on my door, asking questions I sure as hell cannot answer with honesty. Acting innocent and neat has never been this difficult, I'm so nervous. I need to finish my work and get out of here.

Note 3:

Spoiler below!
4th of June, 1677. The serum is complete, but I cannot claim the glory for making the first ever truth serum yet, just not yet. I've killed and tortured so many young, old and innocent people that it's time for me to leave the country. I must be patient, waiting a few months to let the mystery of missing people remain can't be that hard. Aaron, if you see this... you have to leave, sorry for not taking you with me and also for not telling you about this. The front door is jammed from the other side, no one but me and you knows about the secret passage beneath the storage here in the cellar. You have never seen how far it is though, the passage is not a 5 minute walk. It goes all the way here from Gallington to Lannerfield, but you can't stay... you have to go. Meet at the Bishop's Inn , I will leave the 8th so you must hurry, if you want to go with me.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough.
05-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Voice actor needed.(adult male)

Quite an interesting read, here you go.

Download the lines here -
http://www.mediafire.com/?itv7basy1bz8xss
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM by Traggey.)
06-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Will voice it later.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Website Find
Juke Offline

Threads: 2

Wow, Traggey.

Um...

Well, I know I can't compete but since I took the time to record all this I might as well give you an alternative. In retrospect I really shouldn't bother voicing older men.

http://www.mediafire.com/?knd3bbkui63p6
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-01-2012, 02:30 PM)Juke Wrote: Wow, Traggey.

Um...

Well, I know I can't compete but since I took the time to record all this I might as well give you an alternative. In retrospect I really shouldn't bother voicing older men.

Not really that bad, just a bit B-movieish. The way you pronounce "-ay" is especially funny (no offense intended). Better equipment is also needed, and it sounds like the character is really annoyed all of the time instead of being pained among other things.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 02:58 PM by Bridge.)
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I see my DL link has gotten five downloads by now, if you do deside to use my recordings please do let me know.
06-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Find
Bunnypoppop Offline

Threads: 1

I was going to give this a shot, but man Traggey your good xD Think I'll let you take this one lol

"War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left"

Voice Actor
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Find
Juke Offline

Threads: 2

(06-01-2012, 02:57 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Um...

Not really that bad, just a bit B-movieish. The way you pronounce "-ay" is especially funny (no offense intended). Better equipment is also needed, and it sounds like the character is really annoyed all of the time instead of being pained among other things.
None taken, although I'm not sure what you mean. It must be something native speakers pick up on easily.

And I admit I erred too much for the irritated side.

About the equipment I don't really see it as a problem. I mean sure it's not made specifically for voice acting but at least there's no static in the background.
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Is it okay if i voice it on monday?I'm kind of busy this weekend.

EDIT: Actually,I might even voice it tomorrow.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012, 04:46 PM by kartanonperuna.)
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(06-01-2012, 04:32 PM)Juke Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 02:57 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Um...

None taken, although I'm not sure what you mean. It must be something native speakers pick up on easily.

And I admit I erred too much for the irritated side.

About the equipment I don't really see it as a problem. I mean sure it's not made specifically for voice acting but at least there's no static in the background.
1. Well it's just that your pronunciation is really severe most of the time. In the words "may" and "nerves" especially you put a lot of awkward stress on the -ay and -er sounds, when they should be very soft and flow naturally. It's like when somebody who isn't British mocks posh British accents; usually the same kind of awkward flow and heavy emphases that aren't present when somebody speaks like that naturally. Basically what I mean is it's the kind of voice someone may choose when satirizing, in the right context it can be hilarious. But in a story with a serious tone like this it just isn't appropriate. I know it's not intentional but it is very noticeable.

3. There actually is static. It's not that bad, but it sticks out to the perceptive listener. On second thought maybe the equipment actually isn't the problem, but I think you should adjust the equalizer settings because right now it sounds rather flat.
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Find