Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to do so Grunts poofs
putty992 Offline

Threads: 4
How to do so Grunts poofs

Hi! I wondering how to do the script so grunts poofs when they get close and if i want a third Teleporting naked guy how to put ive tried but it didnt worked :S THANKS FOR ANSWERS!!!!!! Big Grin
06-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31
RE: How to do so Grunts poofs

Teleporting naked guy:

void OnStart ()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("item", TeleportNakedGuyFunc, true); //name the "item" with the name of your item in the map
}

void TeleportNakedGuyFunc (string &in asEntity)
{
SetEntityActive ("NakedGuy", true); // name the "NakedGuy" as the ragdoll corpse entity in the map
AddPropForce(NakedGuy"", 0, 0, 0, "world"); // if you want it to fly in some direction. Try different values over the zero's.
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "Player", 0, true);
}

And for the grunt poof you'll have to set him active/inactive in a script, and if you mean by just poof and never come back just make it a hallucination.

Hi.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM by MaZiCUT.)
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

yep it can be easily done in level editor. Select the grunt and mark it as hallucination and the distance it poofs.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

Oh and i forgot to tell, if you're going to have these scares, especially the teleporting naked guy wich is pretty much HATED in this community, atleast make your custom story serious and give it logic why the naked guy teleports out randomly.

Hi.
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Website Find
putty992 Offline

It's for my friend

and what should i write after this in script ive got 2 teleported naked guys

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "TeleportScript", "NailThatSucker", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "TeleportScript_2", "NailThatSucker_1", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "TeleportScript_3", "NailThatSucker_2", true, 1);

}

void NailThatSucker_3(string& asParent, string &in asChild, int alStates)
{
SetEntityActive("TeleportedNakedGuy_3", true);
AddPropForce("TeleportedNakedGuy_3", 30000, 0, 0, "world");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "TeleportedNakedGuy_3", 0, false);
}

void NailThatSucker_1(string& asParent, string &in asChild, int alStates)
{
SetEntityActive("TeleportedNakedGuy_2", true);
AddPropForce("TeleportedNakedGuy_2", -20000, 0, 0, "world");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "TeleportedNakedGuy_2", 0, false);
}

void NailThatSucker(string& asParent, string &in asChild, int alStates)
{
SetEntityActive("TeleportedNakedGuy", true);
AddPropForce("TeleportedNakedGuy", -20000, 0, 0, "world");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "TeleportedNakedGuy", 0, false);
}

And the third one doesnt work :S
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 03:37 PM by putty992.)
06-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Tell your friend he should drop this scare, everything is just wrong.
Edit: Why don't focus on atmosphere?

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
06-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(06-12-2012, 03:44 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Tell your friend he should drop this scare, everything is just wrong.
Just out of curiosity, do you ever have anything kind or constructive to say, you know, that would actually help these people? Instead of complaining about how wrong everyone else is, why not give them relevant/practical advice? Why not suggest other scares they could use, or how to script/map more efficiently?

It's like you invade every jumpscare thread and try to incite some sort of MLP or PDP flame war. Not very productive imo Undecided

I rate it 3 memes.
06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(06-12-2012, 03:57 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 03:51 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 03:44 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Tell your friend he should drop this scare, everything is just wrong.
Just out of curiosity, do you ever have anything kind or constructive to say, you know, that would actually help these people? Instead of complaining about how wrong everyone else is, why not give them relevant/practical advice? Why not suggest other scares they could use, or how to script/map more efficiently?

It's like you invade every jumpscare thread and try to incite some sort of MLP or PDP flame war. Not very productive imo Undecided
Do you ever not just try and preach against people who oppose these scares and pewdiepie maps?
Out of my 200'ish posts on this website, I can assure you less than 10 have gone towards "
preaching against people who oppose these scares and pewdiepie maps".

Its just ridiculous to see every thread with someone new to the community get immediately shot down by a few of the same few people who clearly hate all things PDP/MLP (neither of which I am a fan of) instead of helping someone who clearly is a big enough fan of this horror game that we all play to learn to properly mod the game and have fun with it.

I'm not sure how active you are on the forums, but over the past few months there have been countless threads that end with someone's first custom story/thread/post getting flamed and hated on, just because a few people don't like the particular style. There is a broad line between constructive criticism and bashing, but these people find a way to cross it anyways.

To be quite honest, I find many of the "good" mods out, not that good. Although it is a step in the right direction, everyone should be striving to make mods comparable to the original game (ie Followed By Death was spot on). It is obvious that standards have dropped recently as to what constitutes a good custom story. Basically what I'm saying is a lot of the "bad" mods aren't that far off from "good" mods now in terms of mapping/scripting.

Finally, I apologize if I'm not on the bandwagon of hating the "proper" things. Also, do you not think Corinthian's comment was a bit harsh or rude considering the OP's simple request? If you took the time to read that, thank you.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Its kinda funny how every thread that includes teleporting naked guys or poofers turn into a war.

If you have friends like i have,then you should put alot of monsters and naked guys xD
I sometimes make them stories and then they play it.They dont have amnesia so they arent scared by the atmosphere much.

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM by Datguy5.)
06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
putty992 Offline

Can just u guys stops fighting eachother and help me instead or u can fight in pm or something...

How should I write after this ?

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "TeleportScript", "NailThatSucker", true, 1);
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "TeleportScript_2", "NailThatSucker_1", true, 1);

}

void NailThatSucker_1(string& asParent, string &in asChild, int alStates)
{
SetEntityActive("TeleportedNakedGuy_2", true);
AddPropForce("TeleportedNakedGuy_2", -20000, 0, 0, "world");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "TeleportedNakedGuy_2", 0, false);
}

void NailThatSucker(string& asParent, string &in asChild, int alStates)
{
SetEntityActive("TeleportedNakedGuy", true);
AddPropForce("TeleportedNakedGuy", -30000, 0, 0, "world");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "24_iron_maiden.snt", "TeleportedNakedGuy", 0, false);
}

thats my script 2 teleporting naked guys that works and i want a third one Smile
06-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Find