Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Work in progress First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! [Update 0.3]
Cetex1337 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! Update 0.2

(06-21-2012, 07:56 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: You don't think about Number 1. You do it. You never should have a lantern that is full. Always put it around 60/80 or 0/30
Sir, i can't find the script for it. If you wish to make it happen then either reply with the script or pm me.

Update 0.3 is now available guys Smile !
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2012, 08:36 PM by Cetex1337.)
06-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

(06-21-2012, 08:11 PM)Cetex1337 Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:56 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: You don't think about Number 1. You do it. You never should have a lantern that is full. Always put it around 60/80 or 0/30
Sir, i can't find the script for it. If you wish to make it happen then either reply with the script or pm me.

If he didn't PM you, I just found out it was SetPlayerLampOil(35.0f); (35.0f is just what I have set for mine - it can be anywhere between 0 - 100.)

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
06-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Find
Cetex1337 Offline

(06-21-2012, 09:04 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 08:11 PM)Cetex1337 Wrote:

If he didn't PM you, I just found out it was SetPlayerLampOil(35.0f); (35.0f is just what I have set for mine - it can be anywhere between 0 - 100.)
Thanks man!

The post is still open, so gogo guys Smile
06-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20
RE: First "Real" Custom Story, Need some testers! [Update 0.3]

Alright, I think I "completed" it. Here's my review:
Warning for future players that read this; this does contain spoilers.
Spoiler below!

Okay, so the beginning is pretty good. But when I got the bottle with the key in it, I tried to throw it and it fell to the ground. The key was gone... However, I feel like the monster in the beginning came too early; that may be just my personal opinion though. Next; the corridor. I think its a bit too claustrophobic. Make it a little longer and add paintings or windows, or place boxes to make it seem more "alive". I opened the door and theres a small room with a random pit in it. You gotta work on that Smile Anyways, I have no complains about the water part, except WHY, WHY a flying naked guy. It wasn't scary and it ruined it a bit for me. Okay, now that's over, onto the next part, the "morgue"-like part. I think this room is the best one out of all, especially when the grunt bashed the second door open in the bloodred-colored water room, where I was hiding and crying in the corner. However, the brute right after that was unnecessary. And I couldn't get into the other room in this part, I didn't have the key (see beginning). And when I Hammer-and-chipped the lock, the door didn't lead to a new .map file. So that's the end I guess.

TL;DR bit too many monsters, this makes it feel too rushed. Make the rooms bigger and add more detail and non-purpose rooms (rooms just for detail). Overall not bad. Lack of story. Overlapping textures. I loved the flashbacks. Even though there were from the original games. And theres no .lang file it seems? But I'd say keep working on it! This has lots of potential!

My rating: 6.5/10.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM by ApeCake.)
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Find
Cetex1337 Offline

(06-26-2012, 07:50 PM)ApeCake Wrote: Alright, I think I "completed" it. Here's my review:
Warning for future players that read this; this does contain spoilers.
Spoiler below!

Okay, so the beginning is pretty good. But when I got the bottle with the key in it, I tried to throw it and it fell to the ground. The key was gone... However, I feel like the monster in the beginning came too early; that may be just my personal opinion though. Next; the corridor. I think its a bit too claustrophobic. Make it a little longer and add paintings or windows, or place boxes to make it seem more "alive". I opened the door and theres a small room with a random pit in it. You gotta work on that Smile Anyways, I have no complains about the water part, except WHY, WHY a flying naked guy. It wasn't scary and it ruined it a bit for me. Okay, now that's over, onto the next part, the "morgue"-like part. I think this room is the best one out of all, especially when the grunt bashed the second door open in the bloodred-colored water room, where I was hiding and crying in the corner. However, the brute right after that was unnecessary. And I couldn't get into the other room in this part, I didn't have the key (see beginning). And when I Hammer-and-chipped the lock, the door didn't lead to a new .map file. So that's the end I guess.

TL;DR bit too many monsters, this makes it feel too rushed. Make the rooms bigger and add more detail and non-purpose rooms (rooms just for detail). Overall not bad. Lack of story. Overlapping textures. I loved the flashbacks. Even though there were from the original games. And theres no .lang file it seems? But I'd say keep working on it! This has lots of potential!

My rating: 6.5/10.
Thank you so much for your time, i will really try to improve the things you said. THANKS MAN! Smile
06-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

(06-27-2012, 02:40 PM)Cetex1337 Wrote: Thank you so much for your time, i will really try to improve the things you said. THANKS MAN! Smile
Haha no problem! When the next version is out I'll be sure to check it out again! Big Grin
06-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Cetex1337 Offline

(06-27-2012, 08:36 PM)ApeCake Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 02:40 PM)Cetex1337 Wrote: Thank you so much for your time, i will really try to improve the things you said. THANKS MAN! Smile
Haha no problem! When the next version is out I'll be sure to check it out again! Big Grin
Thank you Smile
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

This custom story is disappointing, and the only wise decission is to scrap it.
I got a whole paper filled with notes about problems with the story and it would really take too long to write it all down so let me summarize
1.the flashback intro is nice and the room you start in is well detailed, this is the only good things to say about this custom story sorry.
2. the story makes no sence. the story is just as important as scares if not more important. is there even a story????
3. Monster encounter is insanely early even for a Custom story
4. When you design level, do so with the thought in mind that the places should make as much sence as actual places does. now why is there suddenly a tight little room with a well in the middle of the house? at least try to make a proper transition. and why is the place down stairs flooded? with a monster in it?, really why is there even rooms at the bottom of the well and not a sewer.
5. give the player a clear goal other then proceeding at the beginning, fx in the start of original amnesia you find a note from yourself telling you to find the inner sanctum, and kill alexander.
6. this could all fit inside a single level. dont make it so tight.
really theres a lot more i could write but i think you understand why its meaningless to continue that story anymore now.

also here a link to a video that might help you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7SoKwVbtdY
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Find
MaGicBush Offline

Threads: 3

I played through it, and other than Tratoloks suggestions I only have one. In the first room on my first play through I went in the cabinet that you unlock when the monster slammed through the door. The door to the cabinet closed behind me without me closing it and I was stuck inside, I had to restart in order to get out since the key was gone..
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 03:34 AM by MaGicBush.)
08-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Find