Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Help How do you get a Grunt into a cabinet?
Jagsrs28 Offline

Threads: 25
Rainbow  How do you get a Grunt into a cabinet?

So I want to know how to shave a Grunt into a cabinet. I already know how to make a poofer so I wanted him to be in a cabinet, Pop out, Then vanish. Which brings me to my question. How do you get a Grunt into a cabinet?

Special Custom Story for 2 special people!

[Image: LWFcAl]

06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
RE: How do you get a Grunt into a cabinet?

you just place it inside, use a prop force function to smash open the cabinet and a showenemyplayerposition function for him to run to you.
06-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
Jagsrs28 Offline

Threads: 25

(06-22-2012, 03:26 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: you just place it inside, use a prop force function to smash open the cabinet and a showenemyplayerposition function for him to run to you.
I just started custom map making today and so I dont know much about this but I am trying to learn. Could you tell me where the Prop Force Function is? Thank you so much this will really help me out.

Special Custom Story for 2 special people!

[Image: LWFcAl]

06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions
Go to the site above for all available functions of the hpl2 engine. it's quite a lot, so press ctrl + f to search for a certain word.
at the same site, you can go on the left under hpl2>tutorials>script/scripting to find quite a bunch tutorials. For custom story making, go to this site for what you have to put in and where:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...stom_story
Also, there are tutorials for scripts and other things on this forum, just search for some on:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-40.html
Even though this is a rather small community compared to others, there are quite many tutorials available.
You can also learn scripting by looking how Frictional Games made it in their maps. That helps a lot to learn different scripting methods, as well as effective level design and light position.
If your script you will have made later doesn't work, and you can't find the problem even though the error response said where to look, you can always post the script in this forum, and we'll be glad to point you the way.
Now to start, look for a "first steps" scripting tutorial in the wiki, and after that, search in the engine scripts site in the wiki for the functions you will need.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 03:42 PM by Cruzore.)
06-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Find