Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy animation doesn't play
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Enemy animation doesn't play

void AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Adds a patrol node to the enemy's path.

asName - internal name of the enemy
asNodeName - path node
afWaitTime - time in seconds that the enemy waits at the path node before continuing
asAnimation - the animation the enemy uses when reaching the path node

If I'm looking at this correctly, there's no reason my script shouldn't work:

AddEnemyPatrolNode("remnant_1", "PathNodeArea_1", 0.001f, "attack_short1.anm"); //it's a suitor, by the way

Yet, when the enemy reaches the patrol node, it does nothing. Does this function not work?

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 02:50 AM by Damascus.)
06-23-2012, 02:49 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Enemy animation doesn't play

As I understand they only go as far as you use the AddEnemyPatrolNode, so when it reaches the last node it stops there

so say it moves from node 1 to 20. then you could place a script box to cover the patrol node nr.20 and use a new AddEntityCollide for the monster to walk from node 20 to 1, now he's patroling that area, if you add yet another script to cover patrolnode 1 to 20 again. I think I recall testing that this worked some time ago.

EDIT: Ah it's late, didnt read you post properly, sorry

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2012, 04:38 AM by Rownbear.)
06-23-2012, 04:36 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Enemy animation doesn't play

As far as i know, even if it did work (though, i'm not sure if it is supposed to work), it would most likely get overridden by the dynamic conditions of the monster.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
06-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Website Find