Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Script Help Can't pick up my custom item
Amce Offline

Threads: 1
Can't pick up my custom item

Hi, i've made a custom item, a type of key to be exact, and it works nicely ingame, I can see it glowing blue lying there on the ground.
However, when i click it, nothing happens. I can't pick it up. Has anyone had the same problem and how did you solve it?

Also, I searched for but couldnt find, a way to make an item unable to be picked up, for example a key lying by the fire, so that when u try to pick it up it says something like, "The Key is too hot to pickup!". But after some random event a func should be activated to enable the key to be picked up. I hope you understand! thanks! Big Grin
07-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Can't pick up my custom item

maybe a script area around it, that when interacted with it tells you that the key is too hot, and after some random event youd eactive that script area? Just an idea though.
And for the first problem, It probably doesn't go into the inventory properly. Idk how to fix it, but look at the settings of it in the model editor(or, compare it to a key of the main game)

Think, before you speak Google, before you post
07-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

IIRC, items require inventory images of a certain size before they can be picked up.

As for your other issue, if the entity type allows you to destroy the entity, then you can use that to replace the entity with an entity of an item type.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012, 03:09 PM by Your Computer.)
07-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Website Find
Amce Offline

Threads: 1

(07-01-2012, 03:05 PM)Your Computer Wrote: IIRC, items require inventory images of a certain size before they can be picked up.

As for your other issue, if the entity type allows you to destroy the entity, then you can use that to replace the entity with an entity of an item type.

Ah sweet, you helped me solve my un-uppickable item issue, I just used SetEntityInteractionDisabled("key", true); And the key became a item that wasn't interactable, even though I didnt find out how to show text when u tried to pick it up it will have to do :)
07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Find