Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]
MarcusStuhr Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Ending [Reveled][Major Spoilers]

Now watch as there actually IS such a mine
02-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Find
heady Offline

Threads: 0

WindexGlow Wrote:Looks like I'm crazy than. This summer, I'm heading there. Not all arranged yet, but have the plane ticket purchased. June 23, 8:20A.M Continental Airways. It'll get me to greenland's capital, and a tour bus will drop me off at a town nearby that's just 3 miles away. In the summer, it's pretty warm there.

I hope you're not serious dude...
After all it's a game not based on any truth and im 100% sure there would be nothing of
interest there at the real location.
02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Yeah, I'm sure they gave those corrdinance in knowing that they're safe, being nothing is there.
If a game gave off some coordinance to some secret place, and we find in real life it's "McDonalds", that may be silly/bad on their part.
They'd figure it was a safe place; just a bunch of snow.

The ending to me isn't too confusing. I played it a second time, and this is how I took it:

"I promised the hive that I would contact someone I could trust, that I would have them destroy all evidence of this place, just as my father had promised himself. I, however, will not make the same mistakes my father made - you now understand the truth of the events that lead me here, and the imeasurable importance of my words. Armed with this knowledge, you must have the strength to do that which I could not.

I promised I would send this email to you. I promised I would ask that you keep all humans from this place - for the sake of the Tuurngait, and for the human race. I lied."

One thing to take note - "I would have them destroy all evidence of this place, just as my father had promised himself. I, however, will not make the same mistakes my father made."

His father promised to destroy the evidence, but Philip says, I however, will not make the same mistakes my father made. thus it sounds like Philip will not do that, but rather kill off the plague and the tuurngait.

Also, he states that he promises to keep all humans from entering the shelter. then he adds, he lied. Finally, he states,

"Kill them."
"Kill them all."

So he lied about keeping the humans from entering the shelter. Thus it sounds lile Philip just wants the humans to go and kill them. Thus is probably why he added the coordinance to the place.

It's what I believe anyway
02-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

WindexGlow Wrote:Looks like I'm crazy than. This summer, I'm heading there. Not all arranged yet, but have the plane ticket purchased. June 23, 8:20A.M Continental Airways. It'll get me to greenland's capital, and a tour bus will drop me off at a town nearby that's just 3 miles away. In the summer, it's pretty warm there.
Please keep us up to date as long as possible.
And I think if you find something there, you can't really expect a rescue party. At least not one that includes me. Just FYI Wink

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Haha, I was joking. I'm not going there.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:Also, he states that he promises to keep all humans from entering the shelter. then he adds, he lied. Finally, he states,

"Kill them."
"Kill them all."

So he lied about keeping the humans from entering the shelter. Thus it sounds lile Philip just wants the humans to go and kill them. Thus is probably why he added the coordinance to the place.

It's what I believe anyway
does that mean frictional games will be making a fps or something about that?
02-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

No one knows, but most likely they will since HPL2 will have the same minimum requirements as HPL1.
And it would be very stupid for them to discontinue making horror games; most people have been generally scared by this game.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Find
Lockheed Offline

Threads: 2

Waaaiitttt a second...

The poll shows that Jens voted in the poll - and it was "Maybe so", not "No".

Jens: How the heck can you be possibly confused? Weren't you one of the devs? Smile
02-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Lockheed Wrote:Jens: How can you be possibly confused? Weren't you one of the devs? Smile

He wasn't writing the story... I think it that way.

02-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Website Find
Lockheed Offline

Threads: 2

Scraper Wrote:
Lockheed Wrote:Jens: How can you be possibly confused? Weren't you one of the devs? Smile

He wasn't writing the story... I think it that way.

Luckily for Jens, he has direct access to the writer(s). Though, maybe they would withhold info just to be coy. Smile
02-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Find