Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cthulhu Mythos Thread
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: Cthulhu Mythos Thread

(07-07-2012, 07:13 PM)ExenderVes Wrote:
(07-07-2012, 04:52 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Never played "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", but sounds neat to play! Do you see Cthulhu himself in the game?

PS: Don't worry, your english is fine Wink
I haven't finished it (I'm on the chapter five). But I thought I would maybe see him. But if Eliphas says you can't, i think he has finished it so he knows about it better than me.
I would ask what monsters you encounter, but I think I will be surprised when I play it one day.

Good luck on your quest Smile
07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-06-2012, 08:51 AM)Traggey Wrote: Well basicly Cthulhu lost all his powers, now he has to become a true hero and save the world to regain his evil powers.

Aaaah, good times!

[Image: cthulhu-box.jpg]
This is probably the worst designed turn-based RPG I've ever played. It's not even that funny.
07-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-08-2012, 04:30 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-06-2012, 08:51 AM)Traggey Wrote: Well basicly Cthulhu lost all his powers, now he has to become a true hero and save the world to regain his evil powers.

Aaaah, good times!

This is probably the worst designed turn-based RPG I've ever played. It's not even that funny.
Hadn't heard of this, but have a problem here. He's lost his powers, so he needs to do good to be evil again? Isn't that contradictory?

Not that I'm saying the game's bad, just confused.
Again, never heard nor played this game so can't say on how good it is.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012, 10:54 PM by The Rock Worm.)
07-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

(07-08-2012, 10:53 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 04:30 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Aaaah, good times!

Hadn't heard of this, but have a problem here. He's lost his powers, so he needs to do good to be evil again? Isn't that contradictory?

Not that I'm saying the game's bad, just confused.
Again, never heard nor played this game so can't say on how good it is.
Nothing in this game makes sense, it's a comedic shitfest designed to be just that.
I had a great laugh playing this, even though the combat system is horrible.
07-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(07-08-2012, 10:58 PM)Traggey Wrote: Nothing in this game makes sense, it's a comedic shitfest designed to be just that.
I had a great laugh playing this, even though the combat system is horrible.
Exactly, so horrible it's unplayable. It goes against all turn-based RPG traditions to select an action and then to have to wait until the opponent finishes his action before your character actually does the action. This means that when you're battling the harder monsters/are playing on the hardest difficulty (like I did) you have to heal yourself even though you're at 100% because once the monster has finished his turn you will need healing. Incredibly backwards and just introduces a strategical gameplay element that has nothing to do with actual strategy.

EDIT: On a more positive note I just finished watching The Whisperer in Darkness, the second HP Lovecraft Historical Society movie released last year, and it was AMAZING. Seriously one of the greatest movies I've ever seen; those guys are geniuses.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 01:25 AM by Bridge.)
07-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-08-2012, 11:10 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-08-2012, 10:58 PM)Traggey Wrote: Nothing in this game makes sense, it's a comedic shitfest designed to be just that.
I had a great laugh playing this, even though the combat system is horrible
EDIT: On a more positive note I just finished watching The Whisperer in Darkness, the second HP Lovecraft Historical Society movie released last year, and it was AMAZING. Seriously one of the greatest movies I've ever seen; those guys are geniuses.
Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Didn't know one was made before you told me, otherwise I would have watched it also. Where can I watch this movie online?
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Dang, I was planing on trying my hands on that "Cthulhu Saves the World" but not sure I want now, seeing how the combat system is. :/

I was rather disappointed by the Whisperer in Darkness, maybe because it is among my favorite Lovecraft stories and have always had a completely different vision in mind (won't be surprised if everyone does with Lovecraft) so I'll stick with Call of Cthulhu for the moment. Still, kudos to HPLHS for their effort at doing a movie with such a tiny budget and crew.

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
07-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(07-09-2012, 03:34 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Didn't know one was made before you told me, otherwise I would have watched it also. Where can I watch this movie online?
It's only available on DVD from cthulhulives.org and it's shown in some film festivals (I downloaded it, but I plan on buying both The Call of Cthulhu and The Whisperer in Darkness + posters when I can). If you live in the U.S. you're in luck, because they're planning screenings for both movies across the nation this summer.
07-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(07-09-2012, 02:51 PM)Bridge Wrote:
It's only available on DVD from cthulhulives.org and it's shown in some film festivals (I downloaded it, but I plan on buying both The Call of Cthulhu and The Whisperer in Darkness + posters when I can). If you live in the U.S. you're in luck, because they're planning screenings for both movies across the nation this summer.
Wow! That's cool! I did some exploring and found http://www.cthulhulives.org/store/store....duct&2=123, a lot of neat stuff along with a movie style audio of the adventure! If I could, I would purchase that! Thank you for showing me this pal Big Grin
07-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(07-09-2012, 03:27 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 02:51 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Wow! That's cool! I did some exploring and found http://www.cthulhulives.org/store/store....duct&2=123, a lot of neat stuff along with a movie style audio of the adventure! If I could, I would purchase that! Thank you for showing me this pal Big Grin
No problem. A while ago I ordered a Call of Cthulhu movie poster t shirt, an El Profundo t shirt and a Shadow Out of Time poster (the one for the radio broadcast style audiobook) because a friend of my mother's is coming. Pretty psyched to get that stuff. If only the Scandinavian governments didn't have such brutal policies on import duties; right now you have to pay roughly half the price in duties plus 24.5% VAT (7% for books) and then international shipping on top of that. In the end, it's not worth it to order anything international at all (which is the point).
07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Find