Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel?
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: IF there was an A:TDD movie, who should play Daniel?

(07-25-2012, 10:52 PM)Potato Wrote: Nice idea, I like the originality alot. Tongue

I think the film should start off in Algeria with Daniel recovering the orb. All that happens in game does so in the movie. But when he grabs the orb, you hear the scream of the shadow, and it fades to black and logo. Once that's over, it cuts to Daniel arguing with Alexander. He runs out the inner sanctum and to the entrance. It's locked, and the shadow starts writhing between the cracks. He then frustratingly smashes him way through a pantry and grabs the amnesia potion. He hesitates, but eventually drinks it. He then makes his way to some dripping water, to wash his face. He eventually passes out, and wakes up in the familiar opening Amnesia spot.
The problem with this is that you want the audience to constantly wonder who Alexander is, why he's related to Daniel at all, and why Daniel remembers nothing. While technically this wouldn't reveal much, this information would be best served in flasbacks and other mechanics later in the story.
07-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Find
Lucas Offline

Threads: 2

Now, how do we make him kill the little girl realistic enough?
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-27-2012, 05:02 PM)Lucas Wrote: Now, how do we make him kill the little girl realistic enough?
Movie magic?
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(07-27-2012, 05:02 PM)Lucas Wrote: Now, how do we make him kill the little girl realistic enough?
Knife. Throat stabs. Cue Storage sounds.

[Image: p229xcq]
07-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Show his shadow doing it Smile

It will be teh brewtuhlzz

[Image: luv.gif]
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

I actually agree with the idea to include mainly elements that happen outside of game play, and expand the stories giving characters like Alexander, Weyer, and Agrippa more time on screen would be better. I would actually go a step further and include POV scenes from characters like Wilhelm and his men and perhaps the woman and child who are captured.

Another idea I have thought much about, is to start the movie from the POV of the village and its inhabitants who are going missing all the time. Maybe make mention of Daniel and his story through implicit plot details, but leave him out as a screen character for the most part.

While the game is done near perfectly, it would get very repetitive and boring being two hours of dungeon crawling with mostly just one character the whole time in a cinematic setting.
07-29-2012, 04:24 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(07-13-2012, 10:18 PM)Traggey Wrote: I would, like. Look at me, c'mon.

[Image: 35d920z.jpg]

I would.

Also I'd tap that, yeah.
Damn... you look like my ex... and she was hot :3

[Image: adhvtg.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012, 07:09 AM by darkely.)
07-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(07-13-2012, 10:01 PM)moreendanning Wrote: I know there has already been a thread about an Amnesia: The Dark Descent movie, but it fizzled out too quickly with people just saying "No" to the idea, but I am seriously considering writing one myself at the moment. I've already done scriptwriting on a movie I wrote when I was a teenager and I'd like something to write in my spare time. I think this could work, even as a task to just do it.

BUT!

I do have to ask people on here: who do you think would be an ideal actor to play Daniel? Reason I ask is, I like to picture the actors who play the parts in my mind as I'm writing the story. Also if anyone has any ideas for Aggripa and Alexander, that would help, but they're more difficult to picture (what with them being all wrinkly and naked and sh*t) but any suggestions would be a great help.
I'm glad you like the idea of a movie. I did make a poll on this subject and was disappointed it didn't last long. Good job on writing a script before. My first thought is using the voice actors of the characters from the game. Found a page that shows the characters from Amnesia the Dark Descent and Amnesia: Justine here http://hanakatsumi.tumblr.com/post/12863...a-the-dark

Also, I did have a poll on a Penumbra Overture/Black Plague movie. Do you like this idea/think it should be made into a movie?
09-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Excuse me, friend. But have you considered looking at the date of the last post? "29th July".

An event like this displeases the mods, and I hate that.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Website Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2

(09-09-2012, 08:38 AM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Excuse me, friend. But have you considered looking at the date of the last post? "29th July".

An event like this displeases the mods, and I hate that.

Then why won't you lock it?

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Find