Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hitman:Absolution
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Hitman:Absolution

(07-14-2012, 09:23 PM)spukrian Wrote: A couple of weeks ago I saw two videos concerning the game.

One was a gameplay video. I did have a few worries before, but most of them are gone. The Instinct mode looked good. Face it, Instinct mode is just like the map in the earlier games, letting you see everything and plan your approach accordingly. With that said, there was one thing I really did not like in the video and that was the stupid achievement popping up. A Hitman game should NEVER have achievements.

I also saw some kind of cinematic trailer/commercial for the game, where 47 dispatches several Dominatrix Nun Assassins. That video just made me cringe...
Good thing Steam lets you disable notifications, so that the people who are into that sort of thing can enjoy it and the other people can ignore it. Also, it is not like the map in the earlier games because on the Professional difficulty (which is how the game was meant to be played) you can only see points of interests, 47 and your target. I'm not really an apologist of the Instinct see-through-walls vision mode, but I do like the idea of mindreading because the reasons for it are noble. As the developers have said before, it's to add personality to the characters you encounter, not make the game easier.
07-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43

(07-15-2012, 12:17 AM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 09:23 PM)spukrian Wrote: A couple of weeks ago I saw two videos concerning the game.

One was a gameplay video. I did have a few worries before, but most of them are gone. The Instinct mode looked good. Face it, Instinct mode is just like the map in the earlier games, letting you see everything and plan your approach accordingly. With that said, there was one thing I really did not like in the video and that was the stupid achievement popping up. A Hitman game should NEVER have achievements.

I also saw some kind of cinematic trailer/commercial for the game, where 47 dispatches several Dominatrix Nun Assassins. That video just made me cringe...
Good thing Steam lets you disable notifications, so that the people who are into that sort of thing can enjoy it and the other people can ignore it. Also, it is not like the map in the earlier games because on the Professional difficulty (which is how the game was meant to be played) you can only see points of interests, 47 and your target. I'm not really an apologist of the Instinct see-through-walls vision mode, but I do like the idea of mindreading because the reasons for it are noble. As the developers have said before, it's to add personality to the characters you encounter, not make the game easier.
I dident use the map at all in the old games Tongue

07-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

All the trailers was like meh but when i saw the gamplay videos i was like why not Tongue

07-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

The game looks good, but I hate the way SE is marketing it. They're marketing it as just another gun-ho action shooter when the main focus on the game is on creative sneaky assassinations, which they demonstrated at E3.

Although I hate the fact that Jesper Kyd and David Baetson aren't returning. Those two really gave the series its audio character.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012, 05:04 PM by Xanatos.)
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-15-2012, 05:04 PM)Xanatos Wrote: The game looks good, but I hate the way SE is marketing it. They're marketing it as just another gun-ho action shooter when the main focus on the game is on creative sneaky assassinations, which they demonstrated at E3.

Although I hate the fact that Jesper Kyd and David Baetson aren't returning. Those two really gave the series its audio character.
Jesper is busy but not david so i dont know why they dident want him Tongue

07-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Jesper's too busy to be working on his most famous franchise? I don't buy it, my guess is Square Enix is being a bunch of tosspots for buying up IO.

07-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

(07-15-2012, 12:17 AM)Bridge Wrote: Good thing Steam lets you disable notifications, so that the people who are into that sort of thing can enjoy it and the other people can ignore it.
Is the game Steam only?

Ok, so achievements won't ruin the game. I just feel a bit disappointed that they actually put time and effort to add something that's just a gimmick.

(07-15-2012, 12:17 AM)Bridge Wrote: Also, it is not like the map in the earlier games because on the Professional difficulty (which is how the game was meant to be played) you can only see points of interests, 47 and your target.
I'm a wuss, I don't play on the harder difficulties. Blush

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2012, 08:20 PM by spukrian.)
07-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-15-2012, 07:00 PM)Xanatos Wrote: Jesper's too busy to be working on his most famous franchise? I don't buy it, my guess is Square Enix is being a bunch of tosspots for buying up IO.
Hes busy with ac3

07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Find
Xanatos Offline

He's not working on ACIII either - Lorne Balfe (who co-composed AC:R's soundtrack) is doing AC3 alone. What the hell is he up to?

07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-16-2012, 08:57 AM)Xanatos Wrote: He's not working on ACIII either - Lorne Balfe (who co-composed AC:R's soundtrack) is doing AC3 alone. What the hell is he up to?
Well i think my cousin knows i can ask him his into that kind of things Tongue

07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Find