Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hitman:Absolution
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
Hitman:Absolution

Im really looking forward too Hitman:Absolution I have played almost every game in the franchice and i really like all the diffrent ways you can kill someone on first i thougth well this is going to be shit when i was looking att the first map video but then i found this and i said to my self: Yay its going too be like normal except no jesper kyd and original voice actor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqiXdL-d...e=g-user-u so this is what i looked on to chance my mind which was very good Tongue

07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hitman:Absolution

Did you play Hitman: Codename 47? Smile MY GOD that friking game is horrible! XD
But I did enjoy Blood Money and even Hitman 2 a little, but now I'm not actually waiting for the newest hitman at all. It seems too different, more straight forward level desing, meaning that there might not be as many ways to deal the level. Blood Money speed runs that took like two and a half seconds isn't going to be possible anymore in Absolution I'm pretty sure...

07-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-14-2012, 07:08 PM)JMFStorm Wrote: Did you play Hitman: Codename 47? Smile MY GOD that friking game is horrible! XD
But I did enjoy Blood Money and even Hitman 2 a little, but now I'm not actually waiting for the newest hitman at all. It seems too different, more straight forward level desing, meaning that there might not be as many ways to deal the level. Blood Money speed runs that took like two and a half seconds isn't going to be possible anymore in Absolution I'm pretty sure...
Nah blood money and contracts
And i tought the game would be like splinter cell first i was like omg fuck this game

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 07:22 PM by wolfmaster1231.)
07-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-14-2012, 07:08 PM)JMFStorm Wrote: Did you play Hitman: Codename 47? Smile MY GOD that friking game is horrible! XD
Hitman: Codename 47 is great (apart from the jungle level; that level is too fucking difficult).

Anyway yeah, I'm a huge Hitman fan (as you can probably tell) and have already pre-ordered. I'm really psyched and I don't think it's going to be more linear at all; the only video we saw was just a tech demo after all. I'm especially impressed with the amount of character development they want to have for random NPCs and the stealth mechanics seem much improved this time around.
07-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-14-2012, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Hitman: Codename 47 is great (apart from the jungle level; that level is too fucking difficult).

Anyway yeah, I'm a huge Hitman fan (as you can probably tell) and have already pre-ordered. I'm really psyched and I don't think it's going to be more linear at all; the only video we saw was just a tech demo after all. I'm especially impressed with the amount of character development they want to have for random NPCs and the stealth mechanics seem much improved this time around.
Yeah and now the npc are not so stupid like Oh theres look a bald guy trasspassing shoot him and lets not try to tell him surrender or somthing

(07-14-2012, 07:25 PM)wolfmaster1231 Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote:

Yeah and now the npc are not so stupid like Oh theres look a bald guy trasspassing shoot him and lets not try to tell him surrender or somthing
Im going to let my cousin preorder it and then i will pay him the money it costs Tongue

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 07:27 PM by wolfmaster1231.)
07-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(07-14-2012, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: Hitman: Codename 47 is great (apart from the jungle level; that level is too fucking difficult).

Meh, but it was just a tech demo it all could have been scripted and not a real dynamic intelligence of the enemies.

07-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-14-2012, 07:30 PM)JMFStorm Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 07:23 PM)Bridge Wrote: Hitman: Codename 47 is great (apart from the jungle level; that level is too fucking difficult).

Meh, but it was just a tech demo it all could have been scripted and not a real dynamic intelligence of the enemies.
The devs have said in interviews that they want to place a much higher emphasis on story and NPC interaction in this game. The way they're doing this mainly is through the unpopular "Instinct" feature, where you can read people's thoughts (or predict them, most likely). I trust them enough so that if they say they are going to do it, they are at least going to give it their best shot. I always hated how in Hitman you were just sneaking past and deceiving generic mooks instead of real people. For challenge playthroughs (like suit-only, all zeroes or ghost) this is alright because you're just solving one big puzzle by memorizing movement patterns and figuring out the internal level logic. On the first playthrough though it leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion anyway.
07-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

(07-14-2012, 07:42 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 07:30 PM)JMFStorm Wrote:

The devs have said in interviews that they want to place a much higher emphasis on story and NPC interaction in this game. The way they're doing this mainly is through the unpopular "Instinct" feature, where you can read people's thoughts (or predict them, most likely). I trust them enough so that if they say they are going to do it, they are at least going to give it their best shot. I always hated how in Hitman you were just sneaking past and deceiving generic mooks instead of real people. For challenge playthroughs (like suit-only, all zeroes or ghost) this is alright because you're just solving one big puzzle by memorizing movement patterns and figuring out the internal level logic. On the first playthrough though it leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion anyway.
Its good that there is this purity difficullty where you can disable instinct feature Tongue

Have you guys seen the steam group btw?

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 08:05 PM by wolfmaster1231.)
07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Find
KingCrimson Offline

Threads: 14

I played all the others hitman and i watched the movie (i didn't like it too much). I hope they don't screw up the whole story with the game. But for the videos i've seen so far, it looks like a good sequel.

Current Projects:
DADDY - 10%
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

A couple of weeks ago I saw two videos concerning the game.

One was a gameplay video. I did have a few worries before, but most of them are gone. The Instinct mode looked good. Face it, Instinct mode is just like the map in the earlier games, letting you see everything and plan your approach accordingly. With that said, there was one thing I really did not like in the video and that was the stupid achievement popping up. A Hitman game should NEVER have achievements.

I also saw some kind of cinematic trailer/commercial for the game, where 47 dispatches several Dominatrix Nun Assassins. That video just made me cringe...

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2012, 09:24 PM by spukrian.)
07-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Find