Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which game is scarier; Amneisa: The Dark Descent or Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Amneisa: The Dark Descent is scarier.
93.75%
30 93.75%
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is scarier.
6.25%
2 6.25%
Both games are equally as scary.
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which game did you find scarier?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Which game did you find scarier?

Amnesia, of course. Amnesia is the scariest game in the whole world. Anyone who disagrees, GTFO i'm kidding

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-25-2013, 11:55 AM)Lee Madsen Wrote: Hello there,
Well, if it is between Amnesia and Call of Cthulhu, I will vote for Amnesia, since I don’t like the latter one at all.
However, Left 4 Dead is my favorite one when it comes to scary games; it is an awesome zombie game and the best so far, that I have ever played.

How can one find left for dead scary?
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(03-25-2013, 01:33 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-25-2013, 11:55 AM)Lee Madsen Wrote: Hello there,
Well, if it is between Amnesia and Call of Cthulhu, I will vote for Amnesia, since I don’t like the latter one at all.
However, Left 4 Dead is my favorite one when it comes to scary games; it is an awesome zombie game and the best so far, that I have ever played.

How can one find left for dead scary?
Many people find zombies, or gore, or the fact that the world has gone to hell disturbing. My dad used to be a fan of Call of Duty and couldn't play the zombies gamemode because it terrified him.
03-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(07-24-2012, 02:57 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 04:35 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: After hearing all of your comments, I tend to agree that Amnesia is scarier than the other games. I did get scared and plenty nervous in Amnesia 1.

What would be good and scary to play is one with a direct Lovecraft universe locations/people/monsters.
Unfortunately H.P. Lovecraft is a cult phenomenon (even though he is considered one of the finest American writers ever) and so there are never going to be big budget companies throwing their money at a Lovecraftian game pitch. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is about as close as you get though it's not modeled after any story in particular.

@TheRockWorm: Why don't you just play it? You've made a lot of threads and posts on here asking about how true it is and what not. Why don't you just decide for yourself?

(07-24-2012, 01:24 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: DCOTE couldn't even manage to keep any horror element after they implemented weapons. It had plenty of resources and made it so you never really felt "in danger" when enemies appeared; they were far too easy to kill and could rarely ever hit you as long as you weren't standing still for 5+ seonds.
Not true. Getting shot basically means delayed death because either you start limping uselessly, have trouble aiming or have hopelessly blurred vision. Yeah, you can sustain a few hits and if you're quick you can kill everyone and heal, but combat is incredibly tense. Scary, no, but quite thrilling. I personally think it has a fairly consistent sense of dread throughout but it would have been much more effective with more limited combat (like only the knife).

DCOTE is awesome for it's truthfulness to lovecrafts lore. The first half of the game is very much based on The Shadow Over Innsmouth, except the novel ends
Spoiler below!
after he escapes from the hotel and runs away from the town
the other stuff isn't really directly based on anything it's just lore from a bunch of different lovecraft novels pieced together into a plot.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM by GiggleBlizzard.)
03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

A spoiler tag is made as such:

[spoiler] This is a spoiler [/spoiler]

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline