Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some complicated stuff!
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: Some complicated stuff!

The thing is you can't have battery and oil at the same time. It's only either oil or battery.

07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Find
shadowZgamerZ Offline

Threads: 3

(07-30-2012, 11:48 AM)SilentStriker Wrote: The thing is you can't have battery and oil at the same time. It's only either oil or battery.
I will us oil bar to display battery status instead of oil after I use SetPlayerLampOil(float afOil);. Then there will be no oil, oil bar will be empty, then I use batteries and oil bar gets higher, which be presenting battery status. There will be no oil in the rest of the map, only batteries! Actually thats not main point, this can be easily done, ive done this before with batteries but when using lantern! Main point is to have lantern and the flashligh later in same CS. Of course, you will not have flashlight and lantern at the same time, as lantern will be removed via script so flashlight can be picked!

Project: Another Penumbra Story - Chapter 1 - Deep Underground
Level Editor: 18%, Scripting: 8%, Gameplay: 3 hours or more!
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Yes but what I mean is that maybe it will break the immersion of the player that the flashlight is running on oil. But you do as you wish Smile

07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Find
shadowZgamerZ Offline

Flashlight wont run on oil, it will run on batteries?!?!? Batteries will fill oil bar! I will make item in model editor od batteries to fill oil bar!

07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(07-30-2012, 02:01 PM)shadowZgamerZ Wrote: Flashlight wont run on oil, it will run on batteries?!?!? Batteries will fill oil bar! I will make item in model editor od batteries to fill oil bar!

The oil meter part of the UI cannot be dynamically replaced: this is what SilentStriker is trying to tell you.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Website Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

(07-30-2012, 02:25 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 02:01 PM)shadowZgamerZ Wrote: Flashlight wont run on oil, it will run on batteries?!?!? Batteries will fill oil bar! I will make item in model editor od batteries to fill oil bar!

The oil meter part of the UI cannot be dynamically replaced: this is what SilentStriker is trying to tell you.
Yes.

07-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Find
shadowZgamerZ Offline

I know what he means, i just dont know how to explain. In the first place i didnt say anything about changing or even removing oil meter from gui. Batteries and Lantern oil can use same meter, because i will make i like this, read this carefully. I have an lantern, and now gui represents lantern oil, i delete lantern from innvebtory with scrip, and remove all oil in oilmeter and all oil bottles in inventory. So you dont have anymore nothing connected with oil anymore. You pick up flashlight and use batteries, and that oil meter then presents battery status. Since you had 0 oil when picking flashlight you can consider that oil meter present battery power left. It like you never used oil. So you wont mix up oil and batteries together in oilmeter. Batteries are made as item in model editor as LampOil(whatever it is)! This what i sai work well, but I am asking if there is a way to have flashlight and lantern in same CS, because when installing flashlight you replace animations and other stuff! Dont know how to explain. Iv got to show you that in video or give you a map to show you what i mean!

07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

I know what you mean I'm just saying it might ruin the immersion since the oil meter will make it look like the flashlight is running on oil even though it's not. You can use both of them since you should not overwrite the original lantern files with the flashlight.

07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Find